5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Classic vs Unity

Hey there, planning on cutting over to Unity on my MacBook as my "dev" platform. Until now, have been running Classic on the Mac inside Parallels since when I bought it Unity was not yet live.

I store updates (or rather update snapshots since I only update my Dev FG every couple months normally) in Git to help me look at changes and for idea. Anything I should be aware different if I were to copy the files from my Unity install instead of Classic? Like does what get downloaded differ between Classic and Unity? In format or naming? I expect things like tiles etc will be new. But the existing stuff, does anything change or all handled in the isUnity type checks when it matters?

Unity uses the same content as Classic does in terms of rulesets and DLC. The only thing you need to worry about is that anything created in Unity (campaigns, modules) will not work in Classic. So as long as you develop in Classic anything will work in both Classic and Unity but if you develop in Unity it will only be useable in Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks - that's good, I just wanted to know what to expect when I compare the last Classic vs first Unity

As for going back to Classic, I do not care. The person who wants to use this is on Unity now as well.

If you are building content for the FG store, you have to use FG Classic; as we sell for both platforms still.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok, I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll leave FGC on n my MacBook for future stuff then.

This is being written for a particular person’s use. Plus I can adjust it later easily enough. I keep making the module out of various campaigns and exports as it is already via editor instead of GUI.

Thread Information