STAR TREK 2d20

Can't Add A New Character / Import Char doesn't work Eaither

I am unable to hit the plus button to create a new character... there isn't a plus button. When I use GCS and create a character, and then export for FG, it says it uploaded the XML file with some errors in the gray box, but nothing appears in the Characters.

I have installed the latest .pak and.ext files. Weird; can't even make a PC. This is the same behavior on two different FGU installs on two different machines.

Any help would be appreciated. Its kind of hard to run a game with now characters....

Rodney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCastleKeeper View Post
    I am unable to hit the plus button to create a new character... there isn't a plus button. When I use GCS and create a character, and then export for FG, it says it uploaded the XML file with some errors in the gray box, but nothing appears in the Characters.

I have installed the latest .pak and.ext files. Weird; can't even make a PC. This is the same behavior on two different FGU installs on two different machines.

Any help would be appreciated. Its kind of hard to run a game with now characters....

Rodney
    Make sure you are running the current PAK file linked in the first post.
    Make sure you dont have any unpacked copies of the ruleset in your /rulesets folder

Okay, I was able to add a character doing the right click in Characters and add item. But when I import a standard character xml created in GCS using the GCS export to Fantasy Grounds selection, it gives me errors, but says 'character imported' in the chat box. But nothing shows up in characters.

Rodney

Just fresh downloaded .pak in rulesets, and the core-u and nodice .ext in extentions.

Rodney

Blog Entries
    It does appear the Add button is missing/broken in the current GURPS build. I think a CoreRPG update a few versions ago did this, probably the big update, Im surprised no one has mentioned it! You should post this on the main thread for ronnke. I have no suggestions on the GCA import/export.

Right click Add Item works, but no plus button. I got it to work when I deleted eveything and when back to the next to last builds. One of the characters won't load, but the others did. Something about a token < error. I'll see if I can hit up the GCS guys about it.

Okay, we found a Fix

So, working with GCS creator and FGU conversion creator, we discovered the issue. You cannot have an & in any of edited/created titles for items in GCS. For example; .40 S&W needs to be .40 SnW. The & will cause FGU to error and not import the character.

Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by TheCastleKeeper View Post
    So, working with GCS creator and FGU conversion creator, we discovered the issue. You cannot have an & in any of edited/created titles for items in GCS. For example; .40 S&W needs to be .40 SnW. The & will cause FGU to error and not import the character.

Rodney
    This is correct. The "&" needs to be converted to "&amp;" to read properly in FGU (FGC will read &). There are a few others that also need escaped versions of characters. The GCA export scripts have been adjusted to allow for these special characters, but I have not looked into the GCS export scripts. I'm not familiar with the GCS scripts, so if there is someone that is and wants to take a look at fixing them, that would be great....otherwise I will get around to it at some point.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information