Starfinder Playlist

Ruleset Designer app

I have not followed it, name escapes me at the moment but I had a couple questions I wanted to ask of the community.

I am not atm interested in it because the work I am doing does not require a tool like that and I hoped by the time I could benefit from it, I'd know more and it would have proven its longevity.

First off, is anyone using it or has used it to create either rulesets or extensions?
    Any thoughts on how helpful it is?

If useful, does it keep up with updates to FG well (things like isHost, sidebars etc come to mind) or is this a non-issue because it's method/goal is different? (I have never loaded it up - just heard of it through word of mouth)

My most hated thing is layout of fields etc - I think, if I understand, that this is the main purpose - layout of UI. So it may have less impact from FG changes than some other things.

How easy or not is it to "update" the results? What I mean by this is (for old folks) back in the day the C++ MFC generators in Visual Studio generated code and put "markers" around it so users wouldn't touch it otherwise the generator could not re-edit it. I was wondering if the generators here let you reload it if you embedded changes like editing sizes (seems easier than MFC's task of trying to figure out customized code) and then reedit it in the GUI.

Any other thoughts or things worth knowing?

Blog Entries
    Ruleset Wizard.
    I use it.
    I love it.
    It wont write Lua for you - well it will do a fair amount of Roll Handling for you - but it does the XML pretty well.
    The positioning of elements on the page is done a little differently to how JPG does it but it works very well.
    If you build in the Ruleset Wizard then do everything in the Wizard.
    You can, and will, write plenty of code by hand still.

What is this tool perfect for?
    Someone with limited (or plenty of) experience who wants to make a very functional character sheet and theme.
    RW makes these two steps super easy.

If you want to code a full ruleset then you still need to both learn Lua and learn how FG rulesets work.

I have several projects on the go being made entirely inside the Ruleset Wizard -
    Heroic Fantasy solo d6 RPG system - full ruleset
    Tales from the Loop - full ruleset
    Hero Kids - full ruleset
    Pulp Action - full ruleset
    Pathfinder Kingdoms - extension
    and I have a partial CyberPunk Red ruleset that Im no longer working on.

I have run games with the Tales from the Loop, Pulp Action and Hero Kids rulesets.

If you really know what you are doing then the RW might not add much value to you.
    If you are just starting out or somewhere in between it can be an amazing tool.

I have so many projects I want to do with this tool but I need to finish Hero Kids and Pulp Action (at least) first.

Is it perfect? No. But its damn good and the developer psicodelix is very responsive.

Sounds exciting Damned (you were already one of the word of mouth at got me interested)

I’m just waiting to see some UIs/rulesets created with it then I’d load it into a demo to see how it works if the demo lets you load and view existing output.

Otherwise I just would look at other peoples uses to see if I can find use.

I had xml/GUI work. The Lua doesn’t bother me (not my expertise but it’s a language of sorts at least), the xml always gets me however.

So, it looks like your work might be among the first to be displayed using this app!

Blog Entries
    I was hoping some others might have finished some projects already but it seems not to be the case.
    Plenty (relative term) of people have been working thru my videos so there are people learning how to use the tool.
    One person was a long way along the path of building a HARNMaster ruleset - he has posted some fantastic screenshots but he has gone quiet for some time now.
    Someone else has taken up the CPRed project (im sure they are using RW as the screenshots seem to be using my gfx) but I also havent seen a recent update.

Thread Information