STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    A couple of other things to remember, do not open your revised module or exported project in the exact same campaign folder that you created or exported from. Many of your changes, new links, and such will not show and you will have link issues.
    Also, watch this video by "walking dude", and the 2nd one done by both of us about this issue regarding errors with images from older classic modules to Unity. You might have some image errors and potential text character issues. If this is actually linked to an AAW official MAp Pack module from the store, it will create an older image dependency from the original module, in which was originally linked or done in your older or classic FG campaign I assume? So, it may be that the path and the image attributes will be affected between both different platforms. And furthermore, exporting a module and reloading it in the 'same' folder you create from can cause issues too.

https://youtu.be/UkWmheaQ9DM
    https://youtu.be/Uqi24oydcH0

Caution Do not do this.jpg
    Last edited by Laerun; April 20th, 2021 at 20:58. Reason: Revised graphic
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When testing this, I did get an error appear in the console - saying "Graphic: Unable to load file ..." - did you get a similar error message?

If you still have this issue with at least one image (i.e. you haven't reverted changes) please attach the XML file for the module from the campaign moduledb directory so we can try to get to the bottom of what's caused/causing the issue.
    Hey Trenloe, thanks for jumping in. Yes I did get the load error in the logs popping up and yes, I do still have some game campaign edited imgs that haven't been reverted. Attached is a zip containing the homebrew module xml file from the game campaigns moduledb folder as well as the db.xml from the game campaign folder.

As mentioned previously in my last edit of the homebrew module campaign before exporting I did reorganize the Groups structure that the imgs reside in.

Thanks for all the help folks it's really appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does "Map - Faerun.jpg" work OK?

What is the directory structure within your module? Rename the file extension from .mod and .zip - are all the image files in the \images directory within the module, or are some within the ZIP file root?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    A couple of other things to remember,
    Hey Laerun, thanks for the links to the vids. While informative and full of tips I never directly edit the .mod files. This is only a homebrew mod I use for a dungeon masters screen on the different games I run so whenever I edit or add stuff to the module I always load the FGU campaign from which the mod file is derived and make my edits there then export a new module to be loaded into the game campaigns. I also spotted a long time ago that you you don't load the module into the module campaign you are working on. I'm not 100% certain but I don't think there are any images from my official FG content in their either as these are generally just my Mike Schley maps of Fearun.

Does "Map - Faerun.jpg" work OK?

What is the directory structure within your module? Rename the file extension from .mod and .zip - are all the image files in the \images directory within the module, or are some within the ZIP file root?
    So the Map - Fearun.jpg didn't work originally but this is one of the files I reverted as I had shared a link in the game campaign.

All the img files in the .mod (zip) are contained in the root/images folder. The only files in the root are the db.xml, definitions.xml and thumbnail.png.

The attached img may or may not be relevant but thought it might be worth mentioning. This is taken from the module folder in the assets window of the game campoaign. I appear to have two instances of the same file.

ImgLoadingProblem2.png
    Last edited by Skyjoos; April 21st, 2021 at 12:29.

The following 6 maps will have the issue, as the moduledb XML has the link to them as in the root of the module, not in the module \images directory.

The blank images showing up in assets is caused by this issue, not causing the issue.

• Map - Ship Gleaming Endevour.jpg
    • Map - FlowshinManor.png
    • Map - City Neverwinter.png
    • Map - TheLonelyTower.png
    • Map - Ruins of Thundertree.jpg
    • Map - Faerun.jpg

Make a backup of your current moduledb\Fearun Homebrew.xml file to a different directory (i.e. don't just make a copy in the moduledb directory), then replace with the attached - see if that helps.

EDIT: I think this was caused because there was an update (I can't find a reference to that) that changes the image file location in an exported module from the root to the \images directory.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 21st, 2021 at 13:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey, everything works again! ...almost. I still have two versions of the Flosin manor map in the assets window and I get an img load error in the log window but the map itself does load with all the pins and edits correct from the game campaign.

Can I ask what you changed so I can sort this myself if I ever run across the problem again?

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjoos View Post
    Can I ask what you changed so I can sort this myself if I ever run across the problem again?
    The line I highlighted in the text editor in the image in post #1 needs to have images/ adding at the beginning of the image filename. For example: <bitmap>Map - Faerun.jpg@Fearun Homebrew</bitmap> would become: <bitmap>images/Map - Faerun.jpg@Fearun Homebrew</bitmap>

Do this without FG running in a campaign, so that it reads your changes when you load the campaign.

Do this without FG running in a campaign, so that it reads your changes when you load the campaign.
    Got it. Thanks muchly.

Thread Information