DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Special shields not being listed as "shield" item

Hello.

Why are special shields like the "Sturdy Shield" not listed as "shield" item with shield values? Instead they are listed as "shields" with their values only being listed as description text.

I also wonder why editing items is permanently locked for the core rulebook, but not for adventure path modules?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 19th, 2021 at 15:14.

Edit: Special shields are listed as "shields" instead of "shield". Had to edit this, because I forgot the "s" at the end that makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I also wonder why editing items is permanently locked for the core rulebook, but not for adventure path modules?
    Building Modules - Overview: Best Practices:
    Data for rulebooks should be read only, while data for adventures should be editable. This allows people to have the official rules always available with errata updates, but allows GMs to customize adventures as needed. Remember, records can always be copied within a campaign to create custom versions.
    • The one exception is that any included maps should not be read only, so that they can be used with tokens.

Special shields not being listed as "shield" item

FWIW...there is an extension that I "fixed" so it also now works in FGU (it already worked fine in FGC) that lets you track shields in the Actions tab. My group has found it to be quite useful.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post591537

I asked this before and the answer is that special or named items that have effects were classified as items, not shield, weapon, armour, etc.
    The reason being to get the PF2 ruleset out on time, some stuff was simplified.
    I was told this will be updated though.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    I asked this before and the answer is that special or named items that have effects were classified as items, not shield, weapon, armour, etc.
    The reason being to get the PF2 ruleset out on time, some stuff was simplified.
    I was told this will be updated though.
    Yep. Being tracked in the Core Rules issues list as CR2.062.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So something like a "sturdy shield" falls is also tracked under CF2.062 despite not being "specific magical"? Just making sure.

"With a superior design and excellent craftsmanship, this steel shield has higher Hardness than its non-magical counterparts, making it harder to break and destroy."

The traits are Abjuration and Magical. I just checked in the Archives of Nethys.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Ha, indeed they made it magical. Good find. So let's rephrase my question then: Are "Precious Material Shields" also handled under the same CR2.062 track number?

I will chime in, the sturdy shields are indeed 'magical'. I also learned early on that PF2 does not allow for armor runes to be afixed to shields. This is by design. The most we will ever get out of a shield is +2 or +4 for a tower shield.
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Thread Information