STAR TREK 2d20

Is there any possibility to automate the Action% of a combat?

I am curious as to the feasibility of the following situation, when% Action is used.
    Let's say the possibility of adding a field of% action on weapons and% action to reload on ranged weapons.
    example:
    I start my shift with 100%, I take a shot with my Longbow or my% action drops to 50%, so I decide to stay in the same position, instead of moving with my remaining 50%, but a reload action it costs 80% in the case of Arco Longo, in other words I would start with 70% (50% -80%) = - 30% + 100% of my% action. being able to shoot without penalty on the next turn ... and so on ....

We've been manually doing that in my game, would be nice to automate it, but probably a lot of work.

I understand that it would be a lot of work, but it would be a hand in the wheel to have such an automated resource, I have no problem dealing with it in the hand, but I have other players (I am even a player) who do not know and do not want to learn how to operate the Rolemaster in Fantasy Grounds, out of laziness.

Blog Entries
    Yeah this would be nice.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yeah, I am hoping to add more automation to it in the future but it is a lower priority than the other things that I need to get done. It will be quite a bit of work to get it to work and even harder considering the amount of optional rules in Rolemaster.

The Act % field in the combat tracker can be used to help with the situation a bit. Basically you can enter the total percent activity in the field and it will reduce it by 100 when it moves to the next person's turn in the combat tracker. I use it exactly for what you mentioned, Yako2020. If someone is loading and firing a long bow, I have them put 130 in the Act % field. Then when it moves to the next person it drops it down to 30 so I know they only have 70% activity left for that action. I do the same for spell prep by having them set it to 275 so I know how many rounds of prep they have 175 is one round of prep. 75 is 2 rounds of prep. During the prep rounds I give them the 10% activity which usually is them just moving a step to some other place if they want. Then they have 25% left over after they cast. I just have to remember to clear out the field if they cast after one round a prep. It mainly just helps me to remember some of those details without having to write it down anywhere. Hopefully that helps in the meantime.

That’s already in the combat tracker.
    there is a section where you can enter your total actions together for multiple round actions like prep+casting or reload+shoot+reload actions.

In the field provided, add the reload + shoot act % together so 70+50 =120.
    after taking your shot, the GM moves it to the next Init count and the moment they do that, you’ll see you have a remaining 20% used up at the start of your next turn.

Shooting finishes at 20% of your next round when it occurs and you can enter just the reload time of 70% taking you to 90% total for the round, or you can add the same next 50% of taking another shot again(+140 total) adding 120% to the current 20% that you started your shot this round at.

When the GM moves to the next player, you’ll see that you end up acting at 40% of the next turn, and so on.

===

Spellcasting is the same.
    if knowing you won’t ever move in a round, for a Class III spell you post this as 255%(90%+90%+75%).
    On the 3rd round at the 55% mark, your PC casts their spell.
    if during the previous 2 rounds, you end up wanting to move in each of those rounds, you can do so up to 10% per the rules, and just add another 10% to your total each time you want to do so.

Heehee, Dakadin beat me by a min!

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    Heehee, Dakadin beat me by a min!
    LOL. I just got the email update about your post. Thanks for stepping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    That’s already in the combat tracker.
    there is a section where you can enter your total actions together for multiple round actions like prep+casting or reload+shoot+reload actions.

In the field provided, add the reload + shoot act % together so 70+50 =120.
    after taking your shot, the GM moves it to the next Init count and the moment they do that, you’ll see you have a remaining 20% used up at the start of your next turn.

Shooting finishes at 20% of your next round when it occurs and you can enter just the reload time of 70% taking you to 90% total for the round, or you can add the same next 50% of taking another shot again(+140 total) adding 120% to the current 20% that you started your shot this round at.

When the GM moves to the next player, you’ll see that you end up acting at 40% of the next turn, and so on.

===

Spellcasting is the same.
    if knowing you won’t ever move in a round, for a Class III spell you post this as 255%(90%+90%+75%).
    On the 3rd round at the 55% mark, your PC casts their spell.
    if during the previous 2 rounds, you end up wanting to move in each of those rounds, you can do so up to 10% per the rules, and just add another 10% to your total each time you want to do so.
    As you can see from Majyk's post, you can use it in whichever way will remind you about the actions being taken. It isn't much in the form of automation but it does help.

Thread Information