DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Yeah, this looks fun
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    I'm adding actions for all of the mutations and wetware programs, which is always a huge job because each one has so many possible results. I'm wishing I had the multiple body parts mutation right now so I could grow a few more arms to get through this! I would also settle for the third leg mutation like our friend in the mutation artwork

056 Multiple Body Parts.jpg

Is it possible to add custom crit and fumble tables to automatically roll? The new Yearbook has some custom monster fumble and an elemental crit table that are interesting.

Blog Entries
    Yes, custom crit and fumble tables are possible and should auto-roll. The table names just need to match and are case-sensitive.

I must be doing something wrong. I titled a custom crit table, "Crit Table EL: Elementals" for elementals but the automation does not read it. I entered EL/d16 on the NPC sheet for the Crit Table/Die.

Blog Entries
    You would enter the full table name in the NPC record. The short versions only work for the standard tables (I-V, M, U, etc.). Try this:

Crit Table EL: Elementals/d16

Let me know if that doesn’t work.

That works! Thanks! Bah, noticed I was in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; May 28th, 2021 at 03:19.

Blog Entries
    I finally finished entering the action data for mutations/defects. These are the actions that magically appear when you drop a mutation to the Actions tab, which by the way, you are free to modify to suit your individual preferences. Between that and work, the past week has gotten the better of me.

94 mutations * 8 non-failure results per mutation = 752+ actions

I still need to enter the wetware programs, 33 total. I will not make any more bold predictions about when the ruleset will be ready, but progress will speed up again after the action data is finished.

Blog Entries
    I finally finished entering the action data! That was more work than the rest of the ruleset combined. Almost 1500 lines of code that look a lot like the 53 lines in the screenshot - not fun. I am converting the adventure to a module, creating a player module for the core rules, and finishing up testing. That might sound like a lot, but it's really not. I plan to run some playtests of the ruleset once it's complete, so hopefully there are some willing adventurers out there in the FG community...

action data.jpg

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm approaching the landing pad... I need to clean up the reference manual for the adventure and create a player module for the core rules, then package it all up for submission.

Here's a screenshot of line-of-sight for the adventure map that comes with the core rules. I wonder what's in there...

sky-high tower map.jpg

Thread Information