DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Resizing reference boxes/windows?

I like the format of the click-to-expand reference box (like the normal d20 Races one)... but the window it pops up is too small. In my custom ruleset's reference_basicclasses.xml file, I changed the settings in the referenceinlineindex tab from 300x450 to 600x600. Unfortunately, there was no change. I also altered this in the original d20 ruleset thinking that perhaps my ruleset wasn't using the correct files (as I've only really been messing with adding modules to this point). Any suggestions?

Zakarius

Some window sizes and positions get saved into the CampaignRegistry.lua file in your campaign.
    Deleting that file (or editing it to remove the saved settings for youe windowclass) should force FG to use your new default settings the next time it starts.

Or you can edit the windomanager.lua file to temporarily disable this behaviour by commenting out the two lines of code in the onInit function.
    Work Less, Game More!

It worked!

I saw a similar suggestion in another thread but I didn't make the connection. Thanks... renaming the file worked like a charm. However, would deleting that file cause my trouble down the road?

Zakarius

It shouldn't. CampaignRegistry.lua only holds information about how to display windows etc. The only thing I can think of is that is you have some resizable windows or controls, their size will have returned to default when you open them next.

Should be fine for now to just delete it.
    I believe that the CampaignRegistry is intended for storing 'user preference' type data. So it is possible that in a futiuure version of FG, and/or custom rulesets, more than just window sizes/positions might be stored in there...
    Work Less, Game More!

Thread Information