5E Character Create Playlist

Map Pins for Players

Hello all,

I know that map pins are generally for DM's to add notes, encounter shortcuts etc. however does anyone know if its possible to enable them on a map so that players can add pins?

I have a player visible map of the sword coast (high level) that i'd like the players to be able to add their own notes to as they discover new locations etc.

Blog Entries
    Only the GM can pace and move them. But once placed, a GM can right click and Share one or all pins. They will turn green indicating they are shared and can be seen and opened by the players.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Only the GM can pace and move them. But once placed, a GM can right click and Share one or all pins. They will turn green indicating they are shared and can be seen and opened by the players.
    I have not tested this as I am always the DM; but if you share out a pin this way would the players be able to edit the text of the entry it is for? Possible granting them the rights to do changes as things get placed by the DM?

Side question on that; are you able to drop a pin that is for a Notes entry? If so then maybe have the player create one and pull that in for the Pin?

Blog Entries
    No. Players can not own stories, therefore they can not edit them. The only thing players can own are Notes. I've never tried to make a pin for Note, but if possible, that would be the method. Though a GM could maybe link a note inside a story which they have a pin to...

Also, only one player can own a note, and therefore only one player can edit a note.

Unless of course you use an extension like this one; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ency-Extension

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just tested and it does look like you can share out a note and have a pin that can be there for it. But the DM has to share BOTH the note itself and then also the pin on the image.

Blog Entries
    As LordEntrails points out Player Agency can allow multiple players the ability to add content to a record - Investigator and World Builder entries, both of which the GM could then drag to a map. Can also collaborate on Calendar entries but I dont see the utility of dragging these to a map.

Thread Information