DICE PACKS BUNDLE

3.5E/PFRPG - Min/Max effect modifier

Here is an extension to add a minimum, maximum, or both modifiers to your effects.

The way to use this is: {other tag} Min (opt) - Max (opt). So for say a spell effect that only goes up to 5th caster level would be [CL-5]. For a spell effect that has a minimum of 15th caster level it would be [CL15-]. For a spell effect that works from 6 to 10th caster level it would be [CL6-10]. This will work with any ability bonus, level, BAB, and caster level. This also works with half, third, and quarter effects (HTQ), or multiplied effects (2-9 in front of ability tag).

If you have neither number, it doesn't do anything (and shouldn't throw an error).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DCrumb; April 17th, 2021 at 03:37. Reason: Add license file to extension

The effects UI already has two different Max fields, one for dice multiplier and one for stat multiplier. Can you provide an example (maybe post screenshot and an explanation) of when you would need to use this extension that isn't covered by the existing UI? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    The effects UI already has two different Max fields, one for dice multiplier and one for stat multiplier. Can you provide an example (maybe post screenshot and an explanation) of when you would need to use this extension that isn't covered by the existing UI? Thanks.
    Barkskin;AC:1 [TCL1-4] natural (edited in response to darrenan's post)
    Divine Favor;ATK:[TCL1-3] luck;DMG:[TCL1-3] luck
    Last edited by bmos; April 16th, 2021 at 18:10.

Ok I see. Is that Barkskin effect actually correct? Won't that end up with a bonus of +6 at the end, or am I reading that effect wrong? Should be [TCL-4] no? And I think that effect in particular can be done entirely with the existing UI. I tend to avoid extensions that only cover very niche situations.

EDIT: nevermind, apparently I'm still waking up. The existing UI only covers duration. So yeah, I can see the usefulness of this extension. Nice.
    Last edited by darrenan; April 16th, 2021 at 17:36.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Ok I see. Is that Barkskin effect actually correct? Won't that end up with a bonus of +6 at the end, or am I reading that effect wrong? Should be [TCL-4] no?
    Yeah, I think you're correct (or at least that it is wrong). I was mostly just trying to provide examples of spells that could be better automated via this extension and was running out of time so I just copied and pasted from the original post.

Thread Information