DMsGuild Classic
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Considering financials/compensation;
    Given what I've already put in, one can easily take 1500 hours per level. And if it sells well, maybe I'll sell 200 copies, at fifteen dollars, of which I will get half. So fifteen hundred dollars, or one dollar an hour.
    Getting 50% of the sale price would be a pretty big percentage and for me, unheard of. The non-WoTC products might be higher but I'd be surprised if it was 15-20%.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Getting 50% of the sale price would be a pretty big percentage and for me, unheard of. The non-WoTC products might be higher but I'd be surprised if it was 15-20%.
    DMsGuild for original content is fifty percent. Pure conversion work is often much less, though sometimes it is as high as twentyfive.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    DMsGuild for original content is fifty percent. Pure conversion work is often much less, though sometimes it is as high as twentyfive.
    I was mostly speaking purely as a on the FG store. I am not familiar with the DMsguild (only allows 5e content) but I have looked at Drivethrurpg.com. I would think Frog Gods would probably sell it through the store in FG and not Drivethru but no clue. I know they wouldn't go through Dmsguild because far as I know you do that you no longer "own" the content.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums.

Blog Entries
    So far the only 3 places that FG content can be sold is the store here, Steam (and I think some IP owners are getting Steam codes to sell now), and DMSGuild. RA does not meet the requirments for DMsguild and I doubt that any large 3rd party publisher would want to give up their IP. I just finished Tome of Horrors (need to do the screen shots and marketing copy and send on in for review and approval) and that was 342 pages of monsters and was a big effort. RA is 660 pages and has maps (all need LOS and soon lighting), new monsters, traps (all need to be coded), parcels with lots of unique items, each item needs to be created and takes quite a while. I am not even sure how long that would take. In the fits and starts I do their smaller 32 page modules it easily stretchs over a month as I have only so much free time. The 3rd party conversions take longer because using the SRD slows you down.

I think I am going to just do Mouth of Doom and down until it gets to the tunnel that leads to the main RA complex for personal use for cons.
    Ultimate License. Running 2 5e campaigns. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

If anyone wants help getting a RA 5E D&D campaign going, give me pm.

Thread Information