Starfinder Playlist

macOS FGU 4-13 TEST Build Drawing Pointers using mouse activation fails.

I noticed that trying to draw an arrow, box, circle, or cones using a mouse and pressing the right and left mouse buttons fails to draw or fails to draw at the point the action was started. The result is no pointer or a pointer appearing in a location that is unintended. If you right click and select a pointer from the menu then the pointer works correctly.

I tested this in the LIVE channel and the error does not occur.

To recreate create a new campaign in the TEST channel and open a FG battle map. Try to create a pointer using the mouse without using the menu selection.

I did not have any extensions loaded and both Channels were tested using the most recent updates.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I was unable to reproduce on test with macOS

I’m on Intel and not M1 if that makes any difference
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; April 15th, 2021 at 04:33.

@Ulric,

What kind of mouse are you using? Is it a 3-button external mouse; or a magic mouse; or a trackpad?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Ulric,

What kind of mouse are you using? Is it a 3-button external mouse; or a magic mouse; or a trackpad?

Regards,
    JPG
    I am using a Logitech M325. It's a 3-button external mouse.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I was able to reproduce the bug on a Windows 10 computer.

@Moon Wizard/

I have now reproduced this error in the TEST channel on a brand new Windows 10 computer. I created a 5e campaign and loaded LMoP and dropped a token on the map. This computer is using a Logitech M310 three button mouse. The first two or three times I measured the pointers originations point was correct and then it started originating from random spots on the map. I did not have any extensions loaded.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Thanks for following up, and for verifying the same issue on Windows.

I think I found the issue. It looked like the drag start position is not getting set correctly if you press more than one button simultaneously. If you stagger button presses just a little before dragging, it shouldn't happen. I have a fix queued for the next build now.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information