DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Changing Token from bought module

I was wondering if there's a way to change the token of monsters/NPCs from bought modules (Monster Manual module in DnD 5e for example), without having to duplicate monsters/npcs. Everything seem to be locked. Some monsters don't really have an image in the token (wolf for example and other beasts in DnD 5e). I know I can change the token in the Combat Tracker, but I was wondering if there's another way to do it once and then be done with it.

Thanks.

Welcome to FG.

No, there isn't a way to change tokens from locked modules other than making a copy of the NPC and giving the copy a token. Or changing the token in the encounter or on the CT.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    I was wondering if there's a way to change the token of monsters/NPCs from bought modules (Monster Manual module in DnD 5e for example), without having to duplicate monsters/npcs. Everything seem to be locked. Some monsters don't really have an image in the token (wolf for example and other beasts in DnD 5e). I know I can change the token in the Combat Tracker, but I was wondering if there's another way to do it once and then be done with it.

Thanks.
    The only way I can think of (and that's the one I use) is to copy the monster/NPC to create a new entry and change the token. You cannot technically change anything that comes from a module. If it has a red lock then it's locked.

I know it's a pain, I've bought Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex and had to copy all items and assign them tokens that I've purchased.

Or just assign a new token when you actually use them in encounter or drop in combat tracker.

Regards,
    JPG

I've found the simplest way is to change the encounter tokens like Moon Wizard saids.

Open the module encounter by unlocking it. Open whatever has the token you want to use instead. Drag the token you want to use to the encounter token next to the number.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was hoping for a way to do it once instead of for each encounter. But if it isn't possible, then I guess I'll have to do it this way. Thanks all

If you just want to do it once you have to copy the NPC with the token into NPCs and then open the encounters and drag the new NPC into the encounters but that will mess up all the placements so you really aren't saving anything.

If I’m creating an adventure, I’ll copy the NPC records that I’m using so that when I run it, I can just open my adventure module and not need all the bestiaries loaded. It also allows me to easily tweak any NPCs that I need to, including replacing tokens.

You don't need to do it that way. The best way to do it is open the Encounters Tab and, one by one, go through them and replace the default tokens with the new ones.

Don't get me wrong. It is still a chore. However, you don't have to copy NPCs which you'll then need to place in the encounters anyway.

I used to have an idea suggested to fix this but it got blitzed when the FGC suggestions were removed. I've created it again if anyone wants to go vote. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136247
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    I used to have an idea suggested to fix this but it got blitzed when the FGC suggestions were removed. I've created it again if anyone wants to go vote. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136247
    Voted. Your second idea there is a really great one (randomized tokens for NPC's)

Thread Information