DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Extension] 5E Inanimate Manager! Target traps and items!

Ever wanted the players to be able to shoot out the lights or pick up an item from the map?

Want to manage Traps and Hazards separate from the Combat Tracker or get prompts when they could be triggered?

Inanimate Manager may be just what you need!

It acts like the combat tracker, but for items!

Items now have Tokens and NPC Data, meaning they can be put on a map, targeted, attacked, damaged, and even damage the players and NPCs back!

Treat Items just like NPCs without having them clutter the combat tracker!

New Room Dressing and Random Room Dressing records allow you to prepare for the environment like you would for a combat encounter!

Make traps into items and place them on the map to trigger prompts for the GM to roll perception, select targets, and make actions!

Get it here

Watch it in action here!
    Update v.0.2: item containers and and constructs/shapeshifters phase 1
    Update v.0.4: Container Tools and Improvements
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; February 18th, 2024 at 17:09.

commenting here so that i can find this later in the forge, i like the idea of this.

Quote Originally Posted by feelej25 View Post
    commenting here so that i can find this later in the forge, i like the idea of this.
    That’s great, I already have plans for some additional features like treatment for mimics and animated objects, rug of smothering and such, and more possibilities for players doubleclicking tokens

This looks like it would work for some traveling spells such as drift globes. It could come in very handy Thank you for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick147 View Post
    This looks like it would work for some traveling spells such as drift globes. It could come in very handy Thank you for all your hard work.
    I never thought of that! But you may also be interested in our team mates extension which has spell tokens https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/310505

Update 0.2 Item Containers and Fakes

Items with the shapeshifter or construct type do not get the immunities of items so moving them to the combat tracker requires less work

Items can have the “Container” type to allow players to pick up the item and it’s contents. Skill roll requirements, saving throws, damages and effects can be rigged to happen automatically.

See the new item example in the reference manual and use it to try it out!

D922D70E-7EE5-430A-8F30-99BC984A762D.png
    372D7954-B713-4FCB-B9F2-8F2F71EA3AB3.png
    B03CC70F-B7BF-4505-98B6-C97BA4F42155.png
    CD191714-93E9-4023-8199-7D5989EC6964.png

Update v.0.4 Container Tools and improvements

All rolls are handled on the GM side now, preventing previous errors in some instances.
    Fixed the count issue if you left out an amount condition.
    Table names can be used in your text lists for container items to get results from that.
    Mimic button now keeps token on map.
    Opening a container opens a parcel for the gm and states a message in chat.
    You can determine a container item needs tools by having the item in your database, and including a phrase “If the character has <itemname, and/or, itemname>, they may attempt to open the”. If you do not have the items in your database, it will not Know stop the rest of the script.

you can make it so they need one item "If the character has Thieves' Tools, they may attempt to open the container"

or you can make them need multiple items "If the character has Thieves' Tools, a Crowbar, and a Ruby, they may attempt to open the container"

or you can be slightly less specific in your requirements "If the character has Thieves' Tools, a Crowbar, or a Hairpin, they may attempt to open the container"

Any item works as long as it's in your database library.

"attempt to" is not needed for the script to work.

v.0v5 update to help Inanimate Manager play nice with other extensions.

5E Inanimate Manager v.0.7 fixes an issue with name not being updated if it was identified or not. MIMIC!!! button will now either copy the Mimc NPC to the item, or, say if you have a "Door" and hit the MIMIC!!! button, and have an NPC named "Door Mimic" or "Mimic Door", it'll use that stat block instead. It'll keep the token of the item and the name so as not to allude to its presence prematurely.

the new "Send CT" replaces the old function of the MIMIC!!! button where it will send the npc to the combat tracker.

anything with "mimic" in its name will trigger the trap window for the GM, and items with the "shapechanger" or "construct" type will also trigger it. The trap window will now display traits as well as actions to accommodate this as mimic's have the adhesive trait.

Updated so unidentified Items do not show players the NPC data attached

Thread Information