FG Spreadshirt Swag

Suddenly having LOS issues with doorways

I've been using FGU since about September and haven't had any LOS issues until the last week or so. However, starting around last week when I started putting together a module with some Rappan Athuk maps, I was noticing when dragging a token around to test that it wasn't seeing through doorways, and "terrain" LOS also wasn't working like I expected (couldn't see out of it when inside of it), no matter if they were opened or closed. In some cases, deleting and redrawing the door fixed it. In another case, I dragged a second token onto the map, and then after switching back to the first token, it could suddenly see through the door. No extensions loaded.

I didn't think a ton of it and figured I'd just done something weird while drawing my LOS, and moved on.

Fast forward to my game with players last night. We were playing Temple of Elemental Evil and a map that I've been running sessions on for weeks without problems (this time, I did have one extension loaded, which I wrote, and to my knowledge shouldn't be doing anything related to LOS). The Rappan Athuk module I was working on that I had been having issues with wasn't even loaded. As soon as I dropped the first player on the map and he opened a door (he was the only token on it at the time), he couldn't see through the doorway, but I could if I clicked on him. We couldn't figure out what was going on. As soon as I added a 2nd to player to the map, the 1st player could now see through doorways, but I couldn't see through them anymore when clicking on his token. No other players had issues. I had my map pinned as a background image, and knowing there are performance issues around pinning, I unpinned it, resized the map window as well as the FGU window, maximized FGU again, and set the map as background again. I think I resized FGU in there again after setting the map as background... I'm not sure, exactly... I was just resizing stuff and wiggling the screen around. Suddenly LOS worked perfectly through doorways for me again.

As I work on more Rappan Athuk levels this week, I'll keep an eye out for this problem and see if I can find steps to reproduce it. When working on the Rappan Athuk maps, I did sometimes have them set as background images while I was working, but I'm unsure whether or not they were set as background when I was seeing issues with them.

Edit: I'm not sure what the proper terminology is, so to try to clear up what I mean by "pinning the map" and "background image", I'm talking about when you hit the arrow that points up and right in the top-right of the map and it kind of becomes a background for FGU that other windows can sit on top of.
    Last edited by Sterno; April 12th, 2021 at 15:23.

I think there are currently some issues when you put the map onto the background. So possibly that's the issue. Otherwise I'd suggest something like the LoS isn't all on the same layer perhaps.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My Rappan Athuk maps only had LOS on one layer.

My campaign map has LOS on two layer because I was missing a wall somewhere on a giant map, and when I added it mid-game as the players noticed, accidentally created a new layer for that one piece of wall.

Definitely don't have the walls and doors on different layers or anything though, and the one wall on a different layer wasn't anywhere near what they were looking at.

Thread Information