FG Spreadshirt Swag

assign damage type to manual roll

When I use /roll 1d6 in the chat, is there a way to tag it as damage (fire)?
    Basically what I'm asking is whether I can set rRoll.sType and rRoll.sDesc from the chat command.
    Something like /roll 1d6 "damage" "[TYPE: fire]"

No, dice rolls using /die aren't recognised as anything in particular. To apply a proper attack/damage etc the roll needs to come from a recognised attack or damage 'source' such as the PCs actions tab or the action section of an NPC. You can include a ''descriptor' to the roll (/die 1d6 fire) but since the roll itself isn't recognised as a damage roll then it won't do fire damage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Actually, it works See my post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post463556 (Since you also use 3.5e/PF1 it should work to assign a damage type )

So, in your case /die d6 [TYPE: fire]

Well there you go; I was not aware of that at all.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So there is no way to add a damage type to a manual roll in 5e ruleset?
    I tested and "/die NdN+N [HEAL]" turns the roll into a heal instead of damage if dragged onto a character's wound box. However, it doesn't seem to have a way to change the damage type. The system doesn't seem to recognize [DAMAGE] or [TYPE: type] after the dice string. I noticed the rolls for actions/spells/what-have-you appear in the chat log like "[DAMAGE] ability name [TYPE: type (NdN+N=S)]" Is there some way to force that kind of string to resolve in the chat log?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhuk View Post
    So there is no way to add a damage type to a manual roll in 5e ruleset?
    I tested and "/die NdN+N [HEAL]" turns the roll into a heal instead of damage if dragged onto a character's wound box. However, it doesn't seem to have a way to change the damage type. The system doesn't seem to recognize [DAMAGE] or [TYPE: type] after the dice string. I noticed the rolls for actions/spells/what-have-you appear in the chat log like "[DAMAGE] ability name [TYPE: type (NdN+N=S)]" Is there some way to force that kind of string to resolve in the chat log?
    It could be that certain things do not work in certain rulesets, depends on the code; in 3.5e/PF1 it worked pretty well, but I recall that some things did not work in 5e It is not an intended feature, therefore one needs to try it out by looking how certain things look like in the chat messages

This feature would be great!

Thread Information