Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP: Rise of the Runelords, D&D 3.5e, alternate Wednesdays, 6-9 p.m Eastern

Five years after a tragic fire and a string of brutal murders plagued the coastal town of Sandpoint, the local folk are set to put a bitter past behind them as they make preparations for the Swallowtail Festival. The eagerly anticipated event includes the consecration of a new cathedral to replace the temple that burned down. But whispers of goblin armies and other sinister forces keep the people on edge. What could possibly go wrong? You'll have to attend the festival if you want to find out.

FG License: Unity Standard (players will need at least a Unity Standard license)
    Game System: D&D 3.5e

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
    Day of week and time: Every Thursday, 7-10 pm
    If new game, planned start date: Sept. 23, 2021
    Planned Duration & Frequency: No set end date, but we'll play every week.
    Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Healthy dose of both, but it's up to the players.
    Number of Players in game & needed: The game will be capped at 5 players
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, standard starting equipment (Character stats and hit points must be rolled in Fantasy Grounds)
    Character restrictions: CORE ONLY!!!! Players may use only the Player's Handbook to build their characters. At higher levels, prestige classes from the DMG will be allowed.

Details of your scenario: I'll be running Paizo's original Rise of the Runelords adventure path (not the anniversary edition).

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=6007
    Last edited by Illmirranor; August 29th, 2021 at 13:57.

hm .. interesting

interested but want to confirm... you will be using d&d 3.5 ruleset instead pf1 for this pathfinder adventure path -- that's intentional, right?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

not interested due to I already have 2 PF2 campaigns on the go, just want to say that is very cool using 3.5e for rune lords!

Yup! This adventure path actually was designed for 3.5e and was published before pf1 was released. I am using 3.5e only. No pf.

Quote Originally Posted by mursel View Post
    not interested due to I already have 2 PF2 campaigns on the go, just want to say that is very cool using 3.5e for rune lords!
    Always happy to take credit for doing nothing, but I have to fess up that the original Runelords AP was built in 3.5. I don't have to make any modifications to run it. Enjoy your campaigns!

Are you positive that you can use a Unity Demo with a standard license? You might want to double check on that, the reason why I am asking it did not work for me and I had to get the Ultimate version to have demo players play.

Quote Originally Posted by shezingzh View Post
    Are you positive that you can use a Unity Demo with a standard license? You might want to double check on that, the reason why I am asking it did not work for me and I had to get the Ultimate version to have demo players play.
    You are correct, shezingh. Thank you for pointing this out. I'm correcting my post.

Its all good, I made the same mistake when I first used FGU. I could not figure out why people could not connect to me then when I asked them what they were using they told me, demo. Duh!

I'd love to play, but is there a way to add the +2 to any one ability score half-elf trait from Pathfinder to the game so that half-elf doesn't suck? I'll even take a -2 to like wisdom or something to offset it. If not, that's fine, just curious.

Sorry, but no on the half-elf.

The game is currently full with six players, but let me know if you're still interested. I see you already asked to join and will try to fit you in.
    Last edited by Illmirranor; April 25th, 2021 at 21:49.

Thread Information