FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Steam Reviews

Steam Reviews

Afternoon All,

AussieHope has brought to my attention that there are only 2 reviews on Steam for this ruleset and both are negative. Now that doesn't bother me as such, it does annoy me enough to ask humbly here, would anyone who owns the ruleset/extra content on Steam please spend some time and add some honest reviews.

Please remember I'm one person who's in control of all of it, and as such I don't feel I should leave a review as that's huge bias.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Create a new Steam account
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Create a new Steam account
    Haha, I don't own it....
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Its ok to write a review as long as you explain that you have a biased view. What irritates me are those who don't identify themselves as such. Also I am going to steam now, to write a review of the software. I did not buy on steam, (which I nearly always do), the exception are programs like these that I consider development in the sense that I write to the game itself. However, I would be remiss not to write a review for this product since I now have experience with it, [bought it in Nov and have hosted two mini campaigns already]. Sincerely Aramis ps thanks for letting us know.

I don't own it either, but reading the reviews, its sounds like someone who doesn't know how Fantasy Grounds works.

What's really got to me is the 1st review, where they say '' the support is bad (it's forum based)", how is that bad support and I think I answer as often as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    What's really got to me is the 1st review, where they say '' the support is bad (it's forum based)", how is that bad support and I think I answer as often as I can.
    You do and the rest of us also try to answer. There is also discord - both FG and the FGC discord servers offer a lot of help.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Support avenues:

FG forums
    FG discord
    FG College discord
    FG College tutorial courses

Pretty much the same as 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder and all the others.

Back in the MGT1 and early 2 days I shared the complaint about price but with each new feature release it has slowly faded away. I'm pretty happy with the current state of MGT2 though I still wish MGT1 would be unencrypted. I get the complaint about trade but it still seems logical to me to get ships done then trade because... Um, you need ships to do trade.

Of note:

The first reviewer seems to be disenchanted with FG in general as opposed to just Traveller, he reviewed FG badly as well, so not just Traveller. He didn't review any other rulesets. His core gripe seems to be asking for help and being ignored. While I've been quiet for the last couple months from being sick, before that I pretty much responded to everyone with help if I know the answer or to say someone would be along who knew the answer. So I can only conclude he was trying to get support for some other ruleset and just dumped on Traveller.

The second review claims to have played a number of rulesets but only reviewed Traveller.

Anyways, two bad reviews suck but your support doesn't. Except when life gets in the way your support is pretty quick, and we all have lives. I don't seem to be able to review FG on steam or I'd have lots to say.

I did it, but for the Russian community

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Anyways, two bad reviews suck but your support doesn't. Except when life gets in the way your support is pretty quick, and we all have lives. I don't seem to be able to review FG on steam or I'd have lots to say.
    There is this strange bug within Steam purchases for FGU in which if you buy more than one module per cart, only the "head of cart" module will appear there to be reviewable. I dont know if its already acknowledged but it been bothering me for some time now
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Thread Information