DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to create a pathfinder 2 Bard in FGU

Hi,
    I'm a long time gamer but I'm new to this method. I tried to create a Bard for my husband's game and I'm having issues. EX: I want to use a spell that didn't have the damage calculated for the die roller and I can't figure out how to calculate it. I got the d6 in , but I can't figure out how to tell it to use my characters level at the time it's casted.

Is there a video that will help? I've tried to watch a few but most are for D&D 5e, and the few pathfinder 2 go over stuff to quickly. Any help here, I'm trying to learn how to do this. My hubby is planning to gm so we can learn how do use the program before we gm for our friends and we need all the help we can get.

There are a few other things that I need to figure out too.

Here is a video on it. It is a little dated so some things have changed a bit but essentially its correct.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Y3BP6qaCk
    As for the spell thing I think you mean this?

Example.png
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thanks I'll take a look at this.

I was referring to the projectile damage. It's 1d6 + level of caster. When I added the spell there was no damage so I figured I had to set it up so I could have the damage. I was able to add the d6, but could not add the level.

I'll take a look at what you sent. I remember seeing that pop up in the example. I didn't know what to do w/ it either. I'll watch the video.

I was hoping the older videos could help, but I asked because there are so many that I didn't want to go back to information that was obsolete esp since I was working w/ the most current Unity.

Thank you again. I'll try to keep my questions on this thread if I have more.

It may help if you mentioned what spell you are trying to configure. I have a bard character in my campaign and it looks like the spells they've chosen so far just work via drag and drop.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Major Blaze View Post
    Thanks I'll take a look at this.

I was referring to the projectile damage. It's 1d6 + level of caster. When I added the spell there was no damage so I figured I had to set it up so I could have the damage. I was able to add the d6, but could not add the level.
    Just checking, do you mean like where it says - Heightened (+1) The damage increases by 1d6.?

If so, this is talking about the highest spell level you can cast; not your character level (usually your "spell level" is half (rounded up) your character level)

This does have to be handled manually (drag over another d6).

Some spells are at different levels Heightened (+2) The damage increases by 1d6 for example meaning the damage of this spell increase every second spell level you get.

Now say your at character level 3 and can cast spell level 2, why would your heighten a spell level 1 spell with Heightened (+2) to spell level 2 as its damage wont increase unless you cast it at spell level 3 (which you cant cast yet)?

[EDIT: This in incorrect (see below) Its is only kept in so following posts make sense ]
    Answer: SAVES! While the damage doesn't increase at spell level 2 the spell would still be a 2nd level spell; and therefore harder for your target to resist!

EDIT: Real ANSWER: to make the spell harder to counteract!

If I'm wrong, and the spell your talking about is "1d6 + Caster level" then this would be an odd one; and I think you will have to manually put it in the + MOD box at the end of the damage calculation manually.

But I too would like to know the spell?
    Last edited by Willot; April 11th, 2021 at 22:55.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Just checking, do you mean like where it says - Heightened (+1) The damage increases by 1d6.?

If so, this is talking about the highest spell level you can cast; not your character level (usually your "spell level" is half (rounded up) your character level)

This does have to be handled manually (drag over another d6).
    This can be handled by the damage action automatically.
    - If the spell is a cantrip (which are automatically heightened to half your level rounded up) set the damage to 1d6 and the "dice multiplier" to "Odd CLs" - this will give 1d6 at character level 1, 2d6 at character level 3, 3d6 at character level 5, etc..
    - If the spell is not a cantrip, then it can only be heightened by preparing the spell in another spell level slot. You can set the dice multiplier to "Spell Level" - note that this currently only supports Heightened (+1) directly - but you can get creative with multiple damage lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Now say your at character level 3 and can cast spell level 2, why would your heighten a spell level 1 spell with Heightened (+2) to spell level 2 as its damage wont increase unless you cast it at spell level 3 (which you cant cast yet)?

Answer: SAVES! While the damage doesn't increase at spell level 2 the spell would still be a 2nd level spell; and therefore harder for your target to resist!
    PF2 save DC doesn't get changed with the level of the spell - it's always the character cast DC, which is based on proficiency (and therefore character level) and their casting stat.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 12th, 2021 at 06:05.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    PF2 save DC doesn't get changed with the level of the spell - it's always the character cast DC, which is based on proficiency (and therefore character level) and their casting stat.
    DAMMIT! your right! I was thinking about when counteracting the spell

Sorry,
    It is a cantrip. Telekinetic Projectile You hurl a loose, unattended object that is within range and that has 1 Bulk or less at the target. Make a spell attack roll against the target. If you hit, you deal bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage—as appropriate for the object you hurled—equal to 1d6 plus your spellcasting ability modifier. No specific traits or magic properties of the hurled item affect the attack or the damage.

It has no damage in the system and I have to set that up. At least mine did. I figured out how to get the 1d6, but I don't know how to put the caster level or any other stuff I need to do there.
    Last edited by Major Blaze; April 12th, 2021 at 00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Blaze View Post
    It has no damage in the system and I have to set that up. At least mine did. I figured out how to get the 1d6, but I don't know how to put the caster level or any other stuff I need to do there.
    See post #6 above. Click the "dice multiplier" field of the damage entry until it shows "Odd CLs" (odd caster levels).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi guys, thanks for trying to help me. I appreciate it a lot. I'm really trying to use the program.

So I'm back to the Spell/Ability Damage window. Name: Telekinetic Projectile, Targeting: Targets, Metamagic: has a dash in it. Spell damage: yes

Damage section:
    Dice: I have the six sider (at least I managed to figure that out.)

You guys said I needed to put it in dice multiplier but that doesn't make sense to me. I think there may be some confusion here. I'm trying to figure out how to set the formula for the base damage. Which is 1d6+spell casting ability modifier.

However, I guess I needed to set the multiplier too. For the heightened ability for later levels. So I still need to get the spell casting ability modifier added.

Could you guys maybe point me to a place that will break down this window? Tell me what everything it means if there is such a thing?

For example what will odd CLs do for me? Does it change the number for each odd level of my character?

thanks.

Thread Information