STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Windows 10 shows a blue circuit while mapmaking with FGU

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-7700 CPU @3.60 GHz 3.6 GHz
    RAM 16,0 GB
    64-Bit x64 Prozessor
    Windows 10 Home
    NVidia Gforce GTX 1070

Since a few weeks my screen shows the blue circuit like in the attachment and often my screen bcame white. I reinstall FGU, but nothing happens. A little bit frustrated, bcause i prepare a campaign with Rolemaster Classic. Any suggestions? Need more informations? whitesreen.pngTask.png

Make sure FG is using your graphics card - I don't see any GPU being used in your screenshot - so perhaps it's using your on board graphics instead of your nVidia card.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Same problem like before.Same.png

I'm not sure then. You aren't using anything like enough memory or video memory to be running out of it. I don't know the Rolemaster ruleset - it could be some issue with data there but I'm really not sure. If you can give the devs steps to recreate the issue and provide your zipped up log files and possible your campaign files that would probably help narrow things down a bit.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I use the RMC ruleset, that does not look like anything in the ruleset itself. Looks like it is going into Not Responding (keine rückmeldung) in Windows when this happens.

As Zacchaeus says, steps to reproduce would be good.

Maybe updating your video drivers could help.

Do you have the same theme loaded twice? That at least shows in the chat in your first screenshot. Additionally to the other suggested steps it might be worth a look into the windows event viewer. Some "not responding" errors get logged there.

1.png
    [attach=config]45647[/attach
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 2.png (69.5 KB, 14 views)

This has nothing to do with your graphic-card, it is a CPU overload situation (hence no/little GPU load shown when the CPU doesn't deliver). FGU only uses a single core of your CPU and that one is maxed out. Because of that it does not report back to Windows in time, which is why at one point the whole application window whites out.

He posted what seems a valid response to the user far as I can tell and the snippet he showed in response from a moderator was a petty and vindictive moderator. Weis might be a bit blunt but you guys are moderators. LordEntral's response above is even less what I'd expect from a moderator.

/sigh

[edit: since my posting the response I was replying to has since been removed]
    Last edited by celestian; April 12th, 2021 at 04:22.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information