STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Deadlands: Lost Colony - A lot of important content missing compared to the pdf book

Hi Doswelk,

by reading through the Modules I recognized a lot of significant content missing in comparison to the pdf Version of the book. I guess it relates to the error in the module you mentioned in my other post regarding the script error.

Both - Player and Marshal Guide miss a lot of content. I looked through and found the following chapters missing some or all content:

Marshal´s Guide:
    Marshal´s Background: Living Planet (most content), Gazetteer (the whole chapter is missing), Banshee (whole chapter)
    Marshal Setting Rules: Fear Levels, The Harrowed (Abilities section), Sykers (Banshee Stones Section)

Player´s Guide
    Introduction: Faraway System (All Planet descriptions), Near Space and Goliath´s Belt (whole content)
    No Man´s Land : Breakers, Guardian, Harrowed, Sykers (from the Player´s Guide)

I am going to start the Plotpoint Campaign soon and hope the update of the module will not take to long

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TomtheBu; April 10th, 2021 at 12:34. Reason: Corrections & Typos

Thank you for the fast help with the update. The Error and missing Content in the Player Guide is fixed!

Unfortunately, the Marshal Guide has still the same issue like before - script errors and missing content in the chapters Marshal´s Background and Setting Rules.

Maybe it can be fixed with the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Thank you for the fast help with the update. The Error and missing Content in the Player Guide is fixed!

Unfortunately, the Marshal Guide has still the same issue like before - script errors and missing content in the chapters Marshal´s Background and Setting Rules.

Maybe it can be fixed with the next update.
    Cannot recreate that problem all looks good to me, now
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Deadlands Lost Colony Marshal Module still buggy

Ok, thank you for the information. That is weird indeed. As I mentioned before, the Player Module is fixed since the update, the Marshal Module is not! The same script error as before and (some) missing content. (As shown in the png).

I have FGU installed on two machines and the same error exists on both (updated) clients. I am on the latest FGU with SWADE 5.2.16 (Deadlands Lost Colony Version is 1.1.) and no extensions loaded (but it makes no difference when I load the deadlands setting extension).

Any Ideas? The deadlands FG Classic Modules are all fine so it must have something to do with FGU. I bought the module via Steam, is this a different module? I guess not!

Anybody with the same Error? Maybe the Marshal Modul needs just another hotfix or simply wasn´t patched on my machines.

Thanks in advance

p.s. it is not too bad, because I own the pdf and can create the missing GM content for me as an ingame Story Entry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TomtheBu; April 15th, 2021 at 23:10.

Delete the Lost Marshal Colony .mod file(s) and then launch FantasyGrounds so it re-downloads it.

Thanks for the tip. Do you mean the .dat file from the vault? I deletet it a few times and it always installed the same update with no change. There are no .mod files associated to deadlands lost colony in the modules folder.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Do you mean the .dat file from the vault? I deletet it a few times and it always installed the same update with no change. There are no .mod files associated to deadlands lost colony in the modules folder.
    Yeah, whatever it downloads.

Go to Settings and Force Update. See if that helps.

I'm able to recreate with a new campaign and fresh download of the modules in FGU in Live.

Deadlands Lost Colony: Marshal Guide Ref Manual

Marshal Background
    • The Living Planet
    • Gazetteer
    • Banshee

Marshal's Setting Rules
    • Breakers
    • Fear Levels
    • The Harrowed
    • Sykers

All Bulleted items throw the error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_blocklayoutmanager.lua"]:210: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.

Another script error on player´s console

Good morning,

thank you for confirming this. These are exactly the same items as on my FGU. (Forcing an update via settings unfortunately changed nothing).

Further, when a Player Client connects to the session, the player client´s console throws up following error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_effect2.lua"]:101: attempt to index local 'nodeEffects' (a nil value)

This is due to the Deadlands Lost Colony Setting Extension, because loading just the extension and no other modules is enough to throw up the error.

(Without the extension loaded the error doesn´t show up).
    Last edited by TomtheBu; April 17th, 2021 at 11:38. Reason: typo

The frustrating this is, the fixed version is on the Smiteworks server but it is not the one you are downloading.

I have tried to resolve by forcing it through as a hot-fix.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information