5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Link in a text field table?

I feel like I remember reading at some point it was possible to put links into a table in a formatted text field. I don't mean a table that you roll on, just using Ctrl+6 to make a table. Am I remembering wrong?

I'm making a reference module for the BECMI Rules Cyclopedia (with the Author extension) and I'd like to make an approximation of the Weapons/Armor/Adventuring Gear tables in the 5E PHB reference module. Since I'm pretty sure those tables are not something I can easily replicate I was hoping to just make a story entry with a table and put links to the items in the first column of the table.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Dragging links into story/notes tends to change whatever formatted text you have going. But drag and drop into a regular table works, if time consuming depending on the # of entries. Maybe an extension to disable the "auto format" of drag and drop into story entries?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I feel like I remember reading at some point it was possible to put links into a table in a formatted text field. I don't mean a table that you roll on, just using Ctrl+6 to make a table. Am I remembering wrong?

I'm making a reference module for the BECMI Rules Cyclopedia (with the Author extension) and I'd like to make an approximation of the Weapons/Armor/Adventuring Gear tables in the 5E PHB reference module. Since I'm pretty sure those tables are not something I can easily replicate I was hoping to just make a story entry with a table and put links to the items in the first column of the table.
    crack open the SRD and have a look at the code there.
    not currently do-able with Author (unless ofc you can...).

Thread Information