5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Make sure that you open the FGU data folder by clicking on the folder button on the FGU launch screen. The location will actually vary, depending on the Channel setting.

For example, I see that you have the data folder in a custom location on your hard drive. Clicking on the button will also make sure that the overall settings are pointing to the same place you are loading the extensions.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Extensions are compressed files and then renamed. They need to be compressed using standard ZIP compression algorithms. You can see this by renaming from .ext to .zip and then extracting them. You will then see numerous files.
    Here is the extension.XML file within it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Make sure that you open the FGU data folder by clicking on the folder button on the FGU launch screen. The location will actually vary, depending on the Channel setting.

For example, I see that you have the data folder in a custom location on your hard drive. Clicking on the button will also make sure that the overall settings are pointing to the same place you are loading the extensions.

Regards,
    JPG
    Considering this is where I have all of my other extensions, I would have assumed that it would be the same. See attached

I have been running it this way since I started 2 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think you need to direct your queries to the extension author. As far as I can see from your screenshots the extensions should load. But if they are not even showing up to select then something is wrong with the extension; either in the code or in the compression.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think you need to direct your queries to the extension author. As far as I can see from your screenshots the extensions should load. But if they are not even showing up to select then something is wrong with the extension; either in the code or in the compression.
    Considering the CAE series are all Rob2e's work, and only this one (of a dozen ore more) component doesn't show, I would doubt it but will ask nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    Considering the CAE series are all Rob2e's work, and only this one (of a dozen ore more) component doesn't show, I would doubt it but will ask nonetheless
    Actually, that completely points to something wrong with the extension. People make mistakes all the time - package something wrong, make a mistake copying, etc.. If one of fifteen extensions from the same author doesn't work then it's pointing to something with that extension.

As a side note - I notice you have your FG data stored on OneDrive. It is *strongly* recommended that you don't do this with your FG live data. It's probably not causing your issue with extensions, but we have had many issues over the years where people have had issues with live FG data not saving correctly because FG and the file sync application contest the file. In the best case you may lose a little bit of data that you don't notice, or FG recovers from; in the worst case people have lost whole session or days worth of preparation data. You may have been lucky so far and not noticed any issue, but sooner or later you may lose some data.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 9th, 2021 at 21:05.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    Just did some recent updates on some 3rd party extensions (5e attunement tracker, Constitutional Amendments and 5e - theogeek- Improved critical). When I start my game, after I've updated everything, ie forced update, it won't find the first two but will locate the third one as well as most of the 30+ extensions I do have. I had the original attunement tracker and the predecessor to CA, and they worked fine until the latest big patch. I even tried inputting them manually into the extensionstate XML file in the campaign. The game just overwrote them. I am also missing the CAE - Generic Token Swapper, even though the other CAE extensions are loading up properly. I've checked the troubleshooting logs and they show most, but not all my extensions.

What am I doing wrong? Is there an upper limit to the number of extensions?

Thank you in advance for any help
    The CAE - Generic Token Swapper is for Rulesets OTHER THAN 5th Edition D&D, which you can read more directions for using CAE in the CAE instructions module or the Readme file for that extension. So, if you are loading 5E campaigns, you will NOT be able to select that extension.

As for the others, I'm unsure. Hope you are able to get that sorted!
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Actually, that completely points to something wrong with the extension. People make mistakes all the time - package something wrong, make a mistake copying, etc.. If one of fifteen extensions from the same author doesn't work then it's pointing to something with that extension.

As a side note - I notice you have your FG data stored on OneDrive. It is *strongly* recommended that you don't do this with your FG live data. It's probably not causing your issue with extensions, but we have had many issues over the years where people have had issues with live FG data saving correctly because FG and the file sync application contest the file. In the best case you may lose a little bit of data that you don't notice, or FG recovers from; in the worst case people have lost whole session or days worth of preparation data. You may have been lucky so far and not noticed any issue, but sooner or later you may lose some data.
    I did check the authors' OPs about the extensions and read to the end, and nothing has come up. Thankfully none of them is mission-critical for tonight, but I found it odd that these extensions would decide not to work. I have contacted all three authors and hope they can find whatever is in common.

As to the OneDrive, it was set up so I could transfer between my gaming computer and my tablet. As I can no longer use my tablet, I can definitely move things off the OneDrive. Thank you for the head's up.

I redownloaded CA and AT to check, and it appeared in my extensions list, so it's not that the extensions are zipped wrong, but I'm not sure what it could be.

Generic Token swapper doesn't show up for 5E. Try making a CoreRPG game and it'll show up there.

Aside from potential problems with OneNote, as mentioned, another possibility would be a duplicate copy of the 5E ruleset being present, which I've seen cause problems in the past.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information