FG Spreadshirt Swag

"Group" token for overland travel maps

I searched the forums and didn't find anything about this. Is there the possibility to set a token only the GM can move but every player can see it on a map? As soon as i as GM take ownership of the token and am not in the party/combat tracker that doesn't seem to be possible. Am i missing something and/or is there a solution already in place that i could use for that purpose?

You could take just one random token from the Assets panel and place it on the map. Players shouldn't be able to manipulate this.
    Otherwise take a token from the Combat Tracker with another faction (neutral for example) and place it on the map. With party vision & movement enabled your players should only be able to move combat tracker entities which are friendly afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    You could take just one random token from the Assets panel and place it on the map. Players shouldn't be able to manipulate this.
    Otherwise take a token from the Combat Tracker with another faction (neutral for example) and place it on the map. With party vision & movement enabled your players should only be able to move combat tracker entities which are friendly afaik.
    This could indeed work, but is party vision a must? I usually deactivate it, so every player can only see, what she sees. I shall give it a try and make a nice party token to use for overland travel.

I rarely play with party vision. It only enables your players to move and see through other friendly entities on the combat tracker. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Only CT tokens have vision. You can add the party token to Party Vision individually via right-click (rather than using the GM option). I think that would solve your issue. Let me know if it doesn't.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Make an NPC called "The Party". Don't bother with any stats other than making sure it has 1 HP. Assign a Party token (I use one from the cover of the I11 The Needle module).

Put the NPC in the CT and make it green if you want the players to be able to move it, or unaligned (none of green/red/yellow) if you don't want them to be able to move it and go from there - put it on the overland map and you have a representation of where the group is on the large scale overland map.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks everyone i shall give this a try tonight. One thing - when the party token is put on a gridded map, can distances be measured as well?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by new_vision View Post
    Thanks everyone i shall give this a try tonight. One thing - when the party token is put on a gridded map, can distances be measured as well?
    They can as long as you have a grid.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

tokens for sharing; dm me.

25x25
    50x50

these are themed for pathfinder adventure paths, but maybe you can find use for them.

legacy of fire

jade regent

return of the runelords

ruins of azlant

shattered star

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

I am using a pin on the overland map called ‘Party Location’. It is viewable by all (green pin). When players click on the pin the names of the PCs are listed.
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

Thread Information