5E Character Create Playlist

Magic Item Forge - Issue, Suggested Improvement (not entirely sure if its a bug)

I have a minor nitpick about the current state of the Magic Item Forge. I'm unsure if it is just a small bug, or working as intended. but I'd like to, I guess, just explain my nitpick with it in the hopes that maybe someday a change could be implemented for it.

I'll attach my screenshot here, and further explain.
    5Eforgeissue.jpg

The orange highlighted area is my Magic Item Template I am using in the forge, applying it to various armors.

I built the template using Bloodprice Leather Armor (blue highlight in my screenshot) as the sort of base item. This item you can see in the description it is formatted very similarly to how WotC magic items from the official converted books are. "Description" is set as the header, followed by the description for the magic item, followed by bolded "(Original Mundane Item) Notes", followed by the description of the original mundane item that the magic item is "built on top of" for lack of a better way to say it.

The purple highlighted area in my screenshot is a fresh item I forged using the Magic Item forge. I put the Bloodprice Armor template in the right hand box (the area for templates), and the mundane Splint armor item in the left box (the area for mundane items)... and the entry's description comes out backwards. And it leaves off the Header "Description" text. So if I make all the armors this way, I have to go and edit them all just to make them follow the same format as the WotC items, and items from other books.

I should note, I am using FGC, as making modules for export in FGC makes them compatible for both FGC and FGU to the best of my knowledge. I've made zillions of modules before, but the forge and the way it works just irks me because of this, and it creates more work for me when it should save me time in doing conversions for other people's content for DMsGuild commissions or my own personal conversions.

Anywho, sorry for the rant. I hope this helps shed some light on this minor nitpick I have for the Magic Item Forge, and I hope someday this can be remedied. I guess my suggestion would be that the order it places the descriptive text ought to be reversed, and it should include the header if there is one. Magic Item text from template should be first, followed by the mundane item's description text.
    Last edited by Remedeez; April 9th, 2021 at 05:42.
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

Thank you for the suggestion and feedback. We can look into it and see what might be the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion and feedback. We can look into it and see what might be the issue.
    You rock, superteddy! I know yall are all super busy all the time, and this is such a minor, nitpicky thing. But it would be awesome to see the Forge output items with Template text first, followed by Mundane Item Notes, Mundane Item Description.

I'm excited if it does get addressed. If not, no biggie, I might ask a friend for an extension to fix it, if that's even possible.
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

You aren't wrong that we are a bit swamped, but I put it on my list to take a gander at it and see what can be done.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hi,

I laso noticed that by default "Forge" adds the magic propriety to weapons, it would be nice to have it as option (tick mark), as for example I use a lot to create silvered weapons that are not magical. Thanks
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Thread Information