DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Weapons Using Effects

I've created a new class of weapons (exotic weapons, as opposed to simple or martial). These weapons do more than just damage foes, some give you advantage, and others have the option of knocking the target prone. Yes, this can all be managed manually, but I am trying to automate it by creating effects on a per weapon basis and using the "Equipped Effects" extension to tie it to each equipped weapon. I want to avoid using "Spells" to make this work as the additional clutter is unwanted. Nunchaku was easy enough to build but I am struggling with Save, Target, and Prone for the next one. Any help would be appreciated. I've poured over https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects but it doesn't quite give me what I need.

Description/Special: If Exotic Weapon Mastery is applied to the Nunchaku the Wielder is granted Advantage on the attack
    Nunchaku.png

Description/Special:On a successful hit with Chigiriki, you can choose to knock them prone. A creature that makes a DC 10 Dexterity check ignores this condition.
    ??? Chigiriki;Targeting=Targets;SAVE:Dexterity 10;Prone ???

I don’t know the equipped effects extension but a normal save effect via a power group is easy to set up since you can specify the DC of the save. I don’t know whether that is possible via that extension. You might want to ask wherever it appears (there should be documentation for the extension I would have thought so you might want to look at that).

Prone is just prone, but again I don’t know how to set that up using the extension you mention.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by blazingwebs View Post
    I've created a new class of weapons (exotic weapons, as opposed to simple or martial). These weapons do more than just damage foes, some give you advantage, and others have the option of knocking the target prone. Yes, this can all be managed manually, but I am trying to automate it by creating effects on a per weapon basis and using the "Equipped Effects" extension to tie it to each equipped weapon. I want to avoid using "Spells" to make this work as the additional clutter is unwanted. Nunchaku was easy enough to build but I am struggling with Save, Target, and Prone for the next one. Any help would be appreciated. I've poured over https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects but it doesn't quite give me what I need.

Description/Special: If Exotic Weapon Mastery is applied to the Nunchaku the Wielder is granted Advantage on the attack
    Nunchaku.png

Description/Special:On a successful hit with Chigiriki, you can choose to knock them prone. A creature that makes a DC 10 Dexterity check ignores this condition.
    ??? Chigiriki;Targeting=Targets;SAVEexterity 10;Prone ???
    Kit'N'Kaboodle is the extension you need here, I think. It is free and compatible with Equipped Effects you mentioned. Kit'N'Kaboodle makes you add powers to a weapon and other cool stuff. The Dexterity saving throw can thus be added to the weapon itself. the ADVATK can be triggered by equipped effects by equipping it.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Thanks! I will check it out ASAP!

Thread Information