DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Channel hot key?

I have an Aasimar cleric. The cleric does a number of d6 plus half again as much damage on a channel

How do I reflect that elegantly in the interface?

I can drag 3d6 to the taskbar but how do I enter a formula to add half of the total again?

Any help appreciated. Thanks for reading.

S

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I have an Aasimar cleric. The cleric does a number of d6 plus half again as much damage on a channel

How do I reflect that elegantly in the interface?

I can drag 3d6 to the taskbar but how do I enter a formula to add half of the total again?

Any help appreciated. Thanks for reading.

S
    The following setup works well.

Channel.jpg

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I think Sigurd is talking about the Channel Surge feat:
    [When you channel energy or lay on hands, you may expend two uses of the ability as a full-round action to increase the amount of healing or damage you do by +50%.] or the Aasimar Alternate Favored Class Bonus:
    [Add +½ to damage when using positive energy against undead or using Alignment Channel to damage evil outsiders.]

To succeed to do such thing, the GM might have to right click on the "damage dealt" number and select to halve it and reapply to each target. The problem with this is, some of the enemies might have succeeded their will save and already have their damage halved. The GM could then write for example: "/die 4", (for a saved 16 dmg channel and reapplied at 50%), press enter, and drag&drop that number in the wound boxes of NPCs that saved.

To take this out of the GM's hands and speed up the process, you could create a damage effect where you manually enter the halved damage and apply it to the NPCs that failed their save, then enter the quarter damage to apply it to those who succeeded their save. At least this method would give you the possibility to apply the same damage to multiple enemies at once.

To help in knowing which NPC saved/failed, I highly sugges using Kelgurem's FullOverlayPackage! The icons that stays to indicate who failed and who succeeded are very helpful to say the least.
    Last edited by Khoredran; April 7th, 2021 at 14:56. Reason: typo

So for the Channel Surge feat, the best way would be to add another line to the channel effects that are listed as Channel Surged Positive Energy and have metamagic of Empowered (I'm not sure if you have to have the feat for it to be able to select it or not). For the Aasimar Alternate Favored Class Bonus, that isn't 50% extra, that is a straight +1/2 each time that bonus is selected (meaning two levels would be needed to add a +1, the minimum able to be used). That would be easily added as a straight bonus to the damage at the end of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    So for the Channel Surge feat, the best way would be to add another line to the channel effects that are listed as Channel Surged Positive Energy and have metamagic of Empowered (I'm not sure if you have to have the feat for it to be able to select it or not). For the Aasimar Alternate Favored Class Bonus, that isn't 50% extra, that is a straight +1/2 each time that bonus is selected (meaning two levels would be needed to add a +1, the minimum able to be used). That would be easily added as a straight bonus to the damage at the end of the line.
    Glad I don't have any Aasimar clerics to be concerned with. I don't see anyway of doing this automatically unless someone writes an extension. However one can enter a modifier in the modifiers window and apply the heal one by one.

or add an effect:

For an even CL for example 12

Channel Surge; HEAL: 3d6
    For an odd CL for example 13

Channel Surge; HEAL: 3d6; HEAL: 1d3
    While it is not perfect it is good enough for government work?
    Last edited by dellanx; April 7th, 2021 at 22:57.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Adding 1/2

Thank you all for your interest..

This is what I'm trying to achieve:

"Cleric (Advanced Race Guide pg. 85): Add +1/2 to damage when using positive energy against undead or using Alignment Channel to damage evil outsiders."

At 6th level I channel 3d6. I am going to try entering the damage as 4d6 + 1d3.

Does anyone see a better solution?
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

This would be incorrect. This is the Aasimar variant favored class bonus. That is a straight +1/2 bonus to your damage for each time you take that as your favored class option - i.e. if it was taken twice in your 6 levels, it would be channeling damage against undead for 3d6+1. If taken all 6 levels, it would be 3d6+3. It doesn't increase your damage by 50% (as that would be way too powerful for a class bonus and would negate a feat for aasimars). Please see above where you would add it as a straight bonus to the Spell/Ability Damage window on the far right of the damage line (unless you have, and plan on, taken it every level as your favored class bonus, then you would add it as even CL under the MultxStat space.

The place to verify this information is in the Advanced Players Guide, pgs 8-9. As per these pages, any fractional increase is rounded down (so if only taken once, it doesn't help, must take it at least twice to get a +1 increase).
    Last edited by DCrumb; April 9th, 2021 at 01:46. Reason: Add reference for Racial Favored Class Bonuses

Mea Culpa

Thank you.

Got it now.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

There is no mention of bonus for feat Channel Surge, just the "increase the amount of healing or damage you do by +50%." I was talking about that. Aasimar variant favored class bonus one would have to factor in separately no matter what one does. Best read the description. The problem is too many rules, hard to write extensions for every variant. Unless there was a multiplier box next to the dice window.
    Last edited by dellanx; April 9th, 2021 at 11:06.

Thank You!

Thread Information