DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Offline Character Viewer?

It seems like this is a thing in a couple of other supported systems, so I wanted to ask. Is there a way for players to review their characters when the game is not running?

My group is really missing this after our switch from Roll20.

I think if the players create a campaign they can upload their characters
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

You don't say whether you are using Classic or Unity. IN Classic players can click on manage characters and select the campaign the character is in and load that up to view their characters. In Unity players can create a new campaign and then click on the PC buttono and then on the blue import arrow. they will then be able to import any character from any campaign and view the character.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I think what the OP is asking about, is whether there's a stand alone app or website that can display an exported XML character file. Personally, the suggestions that have been made wouldn't work for my players, as they're hosted via my Ultimate license and don't have their own standard licenses, or the MGT2e ruleset. It'd be terrific if there was a website or stand alone app that could read a Traveller PC XML file. I have no illusions that such an app or web page is just wishful thinking though, but we call all dream.
    Last edited by kronovan; April 7th, 2021 at 16:46.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    I think what the OP is asking about, is whether there's a stand alone app or website that can display an exported XML character file. Personally, the suggestions that have been made wouldn't work for my players, as they're hosted via my Ultimate license and don't have their own standard licenses. It'd be terrific if there was a website or stand alone app that could read a Traveller PC XML file. I have no illusions that such an app or web page is just wishful thinking though, but we call all dream.
    Thank you for answering one of my questions. My players do not have an Ultimate license and I don't believe are able to create a campaign.

I noticed that their is an XML reader for D&D. There's nothing like that for Traveller (or Vampire)?

Quote Originally Posted by RexCelestis View Post
    Thank you for answering one of my questions. My players do not have an Ultimate license and I don't believe are able to create a campaign.

I noticed that their is an XML reader for D&D. There's nothing like that for Traveller (or Vampire)?
    Again you don't say if you are using Classic or Unity. In Unity demo users can in fact create a campaign and as noted in my post above this is how they would access their characters off line. In Classic it's done via manage characters.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Again you don't say if you are using Classic or Unity. In Unity demo users can in fact create a campaign and as noted in my post above this is how they would access their characters off line. In Classic it's done via manage characters.
    Wow that's cool, I didn't know that the FGU Demo client would allow that. I'm still relatively new to FGU having only migrated form FGC about 4 months ago.
    Do the players need to own the MgT2e ruleset in order to build a campaign with the Demo client?
    I ask, because due to my countrys $'s poor exchange rate with the USD, the MgT2e ruleset is anything but inexpensive..
    Last edited by kronovan; April 7th, 2021 at 19:04.

Players can't build a campaign using the demo version; but they can view their characters in a campaign that they have created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Players can't build a campaign using the demo version; but they can view their characters in a campaign that they have created.
    OK, well you have me confused there. How is it possible for a user to create a campaign without at least a Standard license? Or can they possibly download a copy of the campaign created by the GM's Ultimate or Standard license and treat it as their own? Sorry if these are obvious questions, but if they can't create a campaign with the demo client, it sounds like there's some license purchase required.. Or is it the case, that with FGU there's a difference between "create" and "build" a campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    OK, well you have me confused there. How is it possible for a user to create a campaign without at least a Standard license? Or can they possibly download a copy of the campaign created by the GM's Ultimate or Standard license and treat it as their own? Sorry if these are obvious questions, but if they can't create a campaign with the demo client, it sounds like there's some license purchase required.. Or is it the case, that with FGU there's a difference between "create" and "build" a campaign?
    Create the characters on the GM table and then the players can view their character "offline" using their demo version whenever they like.

Thread Information