Starfinder Playlist

LFP-FGU-DCC, 4-6 players, Thursday the 8th, 5PM CST

FG License: I have FGU Ultimate
    Game System: Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC)

Time Zone: CST (UTC -6)
    If new game, planned start date: 8th of April, Thursday @ 5PM
    Planned Duration & Frequency: I work a rotating DuPont schedule so really need flexible players that can play around my schedule. It will always be a weekday at 5PM CST, at least 2x a month for 4 to 6 hours (the times are negotiable once we get started).
    Term: My name is Jeremy but I use Fistan as my online moniker. I am 44 years old, retired Army, a parent of adult children, and I am a mildly experienced online GM starting out as a Judge for DCC. If you were ever curious about learning DCC, then join me on this journey and let's learn the system together. As I stated above, I work a rotating shift so my days off are all over the calendar. I would really like to connect with players who have reasonably open weekdays, so that I can facilitate and lead a longer term point crawl in the DCC universe using many of the pre-written modules. I know enough of the rules to get us started and I also know FGC pretty well, having ran a family Pathfinder campaign in it. FGU is newer to me, but so far, it shares much of the same functionality, so no issues there. As far as scheduling games, within Discord, I plan on posting my available days to Judge in the coming weeks where you all would be able to vote on when to get together again.

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Initially 75/25 Roleplay to Combat.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Have 1. Need 3 to 5 more.
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 0 with randomly generated characters and mundane equipment; the way Crom intended.
    Character restrictions: Initially, we will be staying with content found in the DCC Core rulebook and published adventure modules. I will allow player created and third party deities and patrons since the CRB offers only a framework for deities and only a handful of patrons for spell-casters.

Details of your scenario: Rules as written, DCC is a deadly game system. You will control 2 to 4 randomly generated characters with essentially nothing but a job title, a job appropriate tool (weapon), and a random trade good. Brave peasant sacrifice alongside old school creativity will be required to survive the challenges that will be placed in front of you. We will start the campaign with the level 0 funnel, Sailors on a Starless Sea. Any surviving characters will emerge as Level 1. There will be breadcrumbs within the funnel for you to follow if you wish to cast aside your farming tools and pursue further adventure and potential riches.

Please post below if interested and I will PM you a link to my Discord server. I look forward to meeting you online. Cheers!
    Last edited by Fistan77; April 6th, 2021 at 20:17. Reason: Changed player count

Im interested, but 5pm is a bit early for me as I have an elderly mother to take care of. I am available from 7pm to 11pm cst. I started with something similar in my sat campaign. Made the players start at level 0 with kids everything was half stats of their level 1. It gave them a huge challenge.

PS, controlling up to 4 characters is a bit much, I did that with my sunday group, it takes a lot of effort an time, and players lose focus an get confused as you have to manually select the character whos turn it is.

Thank you for your interest, but I will be canceling the game. I will reschedule on my next weekend off. Unfortunately, not enough players were interested.

no, problem happens a lot when you try a new concept. My last concept was to get 4 good guys and 4 players to play bad guys so basically player versus player. 0 interest.

thanks for understanding. This was my first attempt at getting a group together through forums, so I'll try a different approach the next days I'm off.

Heres my experience, I made several attempts to start up groups as a DM after I could not get in as a player in any game. I tried several methods until I saw several posts about the beginner adventure phandalin. So I posted and I got so many players, I did a first come first serve basis.
    The adventure, I learned, did not have a lot of the maps required or other things, only the basics. But it was a learning experience. Since then I had a lot of players come and go, several of whom were toxic. I found a base group that has stuck with me going on a year now.
    But, if you ever post again, if I am lucky enough, I may get a spot as a player.

I will post again and thank you for the advice. I noticed many people are trying to learn 5e. I do play 5e also. I will consider that; building up a group using 5e, then moving into other content from there once we all know we can trust investing time into each other for tabletop. My work schedule is wonky, so I will be posting up a LFG as opposed to LFP next time I'm off and can play.

Thread Information