DICE PACKS BUNDLE

detect evil/detect good error

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that in the ruleset spell list there is a spell named "undetectable evil". But there isnt' any spell of that name in the PHB!

Reading its description it should be "detect good" (the reverse of "detect evil"), while undetectable alignment is the reverse of Know alignment and similar spells.

tl;dr:

1) "undetectable evil" spell does not exist in the PHB

2)detect good (as reverse of detect evil) is missing in the spell list

The above is true both for cleric and wizard spell list at the appropriate levels.

Cheers
    Last edited by Asterionaisien; April 5th, 2021 at 19:38.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've noticed that in the ruleset spell list there is a spell named "undetectable evil". But there isnt' any spell of that name in the PHB!

Reading its description it should be "detect good" (the reverse of "detect evil"), while undetectable alignment is the reverse of Know alignment and similar spells.

tl;dr:

The above is true both for cleric and wizard spell list at the appropriate levels.

Cheers
    Wow, I saw this and thought, that can't be right. That name is nothing like any spell in the game... and yet, it's there. I am not sure how/why that got there. I thought maybe it was partially due to the imports I did from Core Rules CD ages ago for some data but far as I can tell it's not there either. So, I've no idea how it got there... clearly it should be Detect Good.

Fixed.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    Hello everyone,

tl;dr:

Cheers

There is a spell in the Wizard Spell's Compendium called "undetectable alignament", the inverted form of "know alignment".

Maybe it's the version for concealing an evil alignment...

Thread Information