Starfinder Playlist

Unity not recognizing right click through Remote Desktop

Hey folks!

This is an enormous edge case, but it used to work (can’t recall when it stopped working), so I wanted to see if this was a MS Remote Desktop issue, or a Unity issue...if we can’t fix it or figure it out I won’t be crushed.

I’ll occasionally do some prep / messing around in FGU when I’m not near my windows PC. A lot of times I do it on my iPad Pro through Microsoft’s Remote Desktop app.

It works like a charm for the most part, but lately I’ve found that I’m not able to get a right click radial menu to appear. In almost all other apps and interactions within Windows itself, a long press (when in touch mode) or a two finger press (when in mouse mode) will push a right click to the Remote Desktop, just not in FGU. Anyone else seen this / able to replicate? I’m running the latest FGU, Remote Desktop app, iPadOS update, and Win 10 version.

Did a quick test connecting from a Windows 10 RDP client to a Windows 8 RDP server. Right-click of a mouse is working. So it may be an issue of the iPad app. I will check later.

It's the iPad app, and only in the touch mode. You can switch to mouse mode to do a right click. I'm not sure if this used to work before in Unity. It did and maybe does work in Classic.

I also access Unity via iPad's RDP app sometimes and indeed the right-click is not properly captured. This appears to be App issue probably, as regular RDP is ok as Weissrolf stated.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I also access Unity via iPad's RDP app sometimes and indeed the right-click is not properly captured. This appears to be App issue probably, as regular RDP is ok as Weissrolf stated.
    If you switch from mouse to touch, it is captured, so there is a workaround in the app. Click on the black bar for this, then the >< symbol, you can choose for either mode there in the top left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    If you switch from mouse to touch, it is captured, so there is a workaround in the app. Click on the black bar for this, then the >< symbol, you can choose for either mode there in the top left corner.
    I can’t seem to get it to register a right click in either touch or mouse mode—at least in Unity. Throughout the rest of Windows and any other apps I tried, oddly enough, the long press does register a right click.

I’ve usually got a portable bluetooth mouse handy that I can use to do all the right clicking I desire, but at the moment I made the original post, it wasn’t near me.

Quote Originally Posted by JShadow007 View Post
    I can’t seem to get it to register a right click in either touch or mouse mode—at least in Unity. Throughout the rest of Windows and any other apps I tried, oddly enough, the long press does register a right click.

I’ve usually got a portable bluetooth mouse handy that I can use to do all the right clicking I desire, but at the moment I made the original post, it wasn’t near me.
    Strange, just tested with RDP on iPad and Unity. Long press on screen is right click on mouse mode and doesn't work in touch mode.

Something interesting which I didn't mention yet: the right click in the RDclient app on the iPad does work outside the FG application. It's only in FGU that the right click doesn't work. I don't have any Unity programs to test with. So I'm not sure if it's FGU or Unity which is the culprit.

Tried to test with FlowScape, but that one doesn't seem to use right click at all. Will check this later on on the computer where I run it locally.
    Last edited by Milmoor; April 13th, 2021 at 09:30.

Blog Entries
    I believe Discord uses Unity if you want another platform to test with.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks. Right click does work on Discord via the iPad. So it seems FGU specific. I know this is an unsupported scenario, but I use it quite a lot.

Tested with another app:
    It does work using RDP light. So it's specific to and the Microsoft RDclient and FGU.
    Last edited by Milmoor; April 13th, 2021 at 21:02.

Thread Information