DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Is there an email I can just send the zip too for support?
    Yea, I think its [email protected], but I'm not sure. Plus be aware that email has file size limits.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yea, I think its [email protected], but I'm not sure. Plus be aware that email has file size limits.
    Sent there with a reference to thread and issues. Again though, can't duplicate it without remote players (as in not local player connected or the GM - it all works with that - except what I noted about controlling multiple players or a shared NPC). But it was consistent and horrible in blackouts, total blackouts (loss of token in map for player), color loss, lag, etc. - everything I mentioned above.

And as a clarification - works always in local player and GM even with all the extensions and modules I used. Which this zip has none of. Hope you can solve it because this is unplayable in games lasting more than 15 minutes in TEST server with lighting active and is worse with movement and party vision "off" which is what this zip campaign has.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 4th, 2021 at 19:00.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I think I have the Rosetta stone of how to screw things up so they start doing all the many horrors - including lag - of last night. But in order to get to happen reliably I have to use polymorphism extension (delete PC CT entry and replace with NPC CT entry owned by player) and even then it does not always happen until it does - then it always happens - which I've not figured out how I've gotten in that state yet. If I do, I'll add that information. I know the other people seeing the lag issue and blackout issues aren't running a druid turning into a bear and even we saw it when nothing with this extension was around - but if I can figure out how this can duplicate that consistently - maybe it can be used to figure out what has happened to the token memory in the engine. Because the state can sometimes (not always) be fixed by resharing the screen or bringing the client back up - I know its not the DB data being changed because it can be repaired without changing any of that. If I can isolate what it takes to guarantee it screws up I can give SW something that can put it in the bad state and they can see why its doing it.

SUCCESS

It seems I can never get it to happen switching between druid and bear UNTIL I execute a move of the map token with map locking on. After I accept it at the GM side. The map will go black completely on player side and as they cannot click on the token (its gone also) they cannot get into a viable view state to see anything. And ALSO a right mouse on the GM map will act like it still needs to accept the move - which I just accepted. And I CANNOT get out of this state in the GM map UNTIL I close the map and reopen it. And once the radial wheel is not longer locked in cancel/accept move I can share it back to player and they are working again.

I can duplicate this 100%.

Also after I recover I move again - accept move again - and the player side MOVES but the GM side of the token DOES NOT. But as I move the window on the player side - just drag the window to new position? I see the GM side slowly move a few ticks to the moved to position - then freeze - then move some more anytime I do something on player side.

Yeah I know its truly bizarre. But 100% duplicatable. And if I close the player while in this state - I can click on token in GM (only app open now) and each time I click on it it moves another tick toward that final accepted movement from a while ago!
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 5th, 2021 at 00:11.

If it can help I'm running your poly extension and one of my players had exactly the same issue last FRIDAY. Switching back to her original form she could no longer see anything. Map was all back for her. And this was with tocken locking ON (GM approved moves) but on the LIVE version (haven't played with the Test version yet).

I'm running the latest poly extension.

If it can help I'm running your poly extension and one of my players had exactly the same issue last FRIDAY. Switching back to her original form she could no longer see anything. Map was all back for her. And this was with tocken locking ON (GM approved moves) but on the LIVE version (haven't played with the Test version yet).

I'm running the latest poly extension and combat groups, map parcel and equipped effects if that can help

Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post

I'm running the latest poly extension and combat groups, map parcel and equipped effects if that can help
    Ever since updates last week. No idea what has changed but switching with poly and move locking movement triggers it for sure.

I'm interested if you can find a workaround ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    I'm interested if you can find a workaround ;-)
    Doubt it. But tomorrow I’ll see if I can duplicate doing the things I do in pure FGU.

Are you making sure that tokeninstance.setOwner is being called when you switch out the token in your extension?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you making sure that tokeninstance.setOwner is being called when you switch out the token in your extension?

JPG
    Nope - I do exactly what you guys do in replaceCombatantToken in CoreRPG\scripts\manager_combat.lua --- which is NOT that.

Are you saying that is the issue with all the issues?

Thread Information