DICE PACKS BUNDLE

CSC and Modifications

Heya,

Just picked up this system. Excited to be playing my first game tomorrow.

I did some searching but I couldn't find anything that worked.

I'm trying to apply some of the weapon modifications from Central Supply Catalogue to weapons but am not having any luck. I saw some earlier posts about drag and drop functionality onto the actions tab, but that doesn't seem to be working for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

BR

battery, I think I have 2 solutions for you.

Option A is to create a copy of the weapon by dragging and dropping it in the Item window. The new uncategorized weapon can then be unlocked for manual changes.

Option B is more pen and paper, just use the dice modifiers prior to rolling for desired effects.

Hopefully, that addresses what you are asking.

-Greg

Also on top of what GregRex just said (thanks GregRex), its on the think tank how best to use mods with things. The main struggle is that mods are just open ended, ie 'Adding this will give you +1 DM to recon rolls', but another item might be 'This reduces endurance loss at 20%', just very very hard to automate, but one day I'll come up with something better.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the replies. I made it work with manual mods for the time being. First time playing tonight and the game ran smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Also on top of what GregRex just said (thanks GregRex), its on the think tank how best to use mods with things. The main struggle is that mods are just open ended, ie 'Adding this will give you +1 DM to recon rolls', but another item might be 'This reduces endurance loss at 20%', just very very hard to automate, but one day I'll come up with something better.
    That seems to be a good use for effects coding. Maybe you could add an effect or two here and there so as not to overload your plate.

Something like SKILL: recon, +1 and RESIST: END, 20.

It would allow for referees and players to incorporate some automation to items and such.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    That seems to be a good use for effects coding. Maybe you could add an effect or two here and there so as not to overload your plate.

Something like SKILL: recon, +1 and RESIST: END, 20.

It would allow for referees and players to incorporate some automation to items and such.
    I've been asking for this for a long time and I'm looking forward to it.
    At the moment, I dragging modifications in the text of the description of weapons/armor as a link. Items stores templates, and dragging them to the inventory creates a copy that you can change as you want.
    This does not change the parameters of the weapon, but it serves as a hint of what is installed on it.
    Last edited by Serg Barbeau; April 5th, 2021 at 06:20.

Thread Information