5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

changing the campaign name

rather foolishly, in hindsight, i created a new FG2 campaign for my players with the name of the adventure they are currently embarking on (i won't name it here, in case any of them is watching!). i would obviously prefer a more general campaign name (such as "Mystara" for such it is) and would therefore like to change the campaign name. is it possible to do this? if so, how?

i realise i can create a new campaign with the new name but then i would lose all the characters, maps etc that i have already placed under the existing one. or can i simply copy the relevant folders (characters, images) over to the new campaign and that would work?

i also see there is something about "export" and while i don't know if this is relevant to what i am asking, please bear in mind that i am working with a custom ruleset, not d20, so i would have to work on the export xml before using that.

any thoughts?
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Just rename the folder the campaign is in.

Your players may end up having to redownload everything, though. They can try renaming the similarly-named folder in their "Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\cache" folder, but this may or may not work. Remember to back up your campaign, just in case.
    Last edited by Dachannien; July 10th, 2007 at 13:29.

Can you create the new campaign folder and copy the db.xml file to get the characters etc?
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Dachannien
    Just rename the folder the campaign is in.
    This works fine. Yes they will have to do a download of some info again (its automatic) but not a huge amount since the ruleset itself hasn't changed.

You can also create a new folder and copy across the database, images, etc. I used this technique to get around database corruption. For whatever reason the corruption did not copy across with the database. I'm free and clear. Besides, as far as I am aware, players don't see the name of the campaign anywhere on their screen, it is only used as a name for the campaign folder.
    FG II Full license holder.

Thread Information