STAR TREK 2d20

D&D 2E: Tokens are invisible in darkness, even with Infravision.

As written: When the dwarf only uses infravision, his friends are not visible. When he lights up a torch, they are.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's correct. The darkness is supposed to mimic magical darkness, which blocks standard sight.

There is an ignoredark attribute for special visions that can be added, but it is a global flag. If it is on for any vision type, then it is on for all visions on that token.

Regards,
    JPG

Okay, looks like I described the problem wrong. I didn't mean darkness as in magical darkness, I meant when you have an ambient light and then mask a certain part of the map. Infravision shows the surroundings, but not the tokens in there.

That use case won't be supported. The masking is a completely separate system than the vision/lighting for blocking LoS.

JPG

I'm sorry I'm bringing this up again, but I checked in a dungeon without masking as well. When it's dark (no darkness effect added, just no lightsource), the Dwarf can see his surrounding but not his friend. The bard can see nothing without light. But when the light is switched on, everybody can see everybody. As far as I understand it, the dawrf should see the bard. I checked and Truesight and Blingsight don't show the token, too. This problem dosen't occour in 5e, only in 2e.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is currently a bug where tokens not inside a lighted area do not show as visible to tokens with special vision types. It's on our list to look at early next week.

Regards,
    JPG

I thought it was me doing something wrong, I had my party complaining that they could not see the rest of the party and some NPCs unless they were moving... Ok.

Will follow on this thread, you guys are doing a great job!

I have the same problem in 5e, too.
    (I set a low ambient light level and tried to exclude certain rooms of the map using the light masking, because they have no windows. Tokens in a masked area cannot see each other with darksight unless they move (in which case they are visible during the token movement, which probably wasn't intended as well). My workaround was to disable the light feature in the current map - all visibility problems were gone. Map was CoS - Death House.)

Thread Information