DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Spacecraft Combat Tracker: How To

Got ya! You thought I was going to post a how-to-use the Spacecraft Combat Tracker right?

Sorry I'm dense, I'm starting this thread so we can teach each other (most specifically me) how to use it ;-)

So far i have been able to add Spacecraft from the Spacecraft list and PC Spacecraft from the PC Spacecraft list.

I can see how the gm can step through the various combat phases (maneuver, attack, actions).

However I cannot figure out how to:

1). assign crew/ pcs/ npcs
    2). maneuver
    3). attack
    4). how to reset the combat rounds to "0"

Hi adzling, I'll do some testing and write up how some of those things work and repost later here today. Some of these features are currently still being developed and not yet live. But I will try to capture the essence of Spaceship Combat in its current iteration.

sounds good greg glad to have you helping mbm

To reset the Init to back to one, you on Menu (which is on the bottom of the window). Go to Init than Clear Init. That'll reset it back to 1.

Okay I did a quick dry run and here is what I have found to be functional:

Current Functionality
    -Players can create their own PC Spacecraft. Weapons can be dragged and dropped to the PC Spacecraft's record and utilize the records action function to roll to hit and roll for damage.
    -The Referee has to target NPC Spacecraft for the players on the Spacecraft Combat Tracker.
    -The Gunner will have to calculate their to-hit modifier based on crew's actions and personal skills then manually enter it in the modifier box.
    -The Gunner can then use the ship's weapons for actions from the PC Spacecraft record sheet; to hit and damage.
    -The Spacecraft Combat Tracker round can only be reset by clicking in the round box and typing 0 or 1.

Not Ready/In Developement
    -PC sheets/tokens cannot be dragged dropped to the PC Spacecraft record to assign stations.
    -Cargo cannot be added to the PC Spacecrafts cargo hold.
    -Players have very limited functionality utilizing the Spacecraft Combat Tracker.
    -PC Spacecraft attack actions must come from the PC Spacecraft Actions tab. The SCT does not link actions.

Please ask for more specifics/examples of what currently can/cannot be done, or you would like me to test, in FG and I will update this post as we go.
    Last edited by GregRex; February 26th, 2021 at 14:09.

thanks for the tips & summary will try to emulate

Just trying to get to grips the SCT, is it currently easier just to have the PC ship in with the other Spacecraft or is there some extra functionality (other than the extra tabs for information) in the PC SCraft? Also how do double turrets work? If I drag in a double turret, does this double turret have both weapons included when I roll (ie.beam x2), in which case, how do I have a double turret with one beam and one sandcaster...?

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    Just trying to get to grips the SCT, is it currently easier just to have the PC ship in with the other Spacecraft or is there some extra functionality (other than the extra tabs for information) in the PC SCraft? Also how do double turrets work? If I drag in a double turret, does this double turret have both weapons included when I roll (ie.beam x2), in which case, how do I have a double turret with one beam and one sandcaster...?
    Now this is a good question. I have been thinking about changing weapons to work first from a mount, then a mount type and then what's in that -- but I need some free time to think about this as not all ships follow this rule as such.

But what I've done is when a double/triple has say 2 * pulse, 1 * sandcaster, I've added a double/triple with the beam lasers, but in the traits removed the triple turret and replaced with a double (or not at all it is a single weapon/sandcaster).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Now this is a good question. I have been thinking about changing weapons to work first from a mount, then a mount type and then what's in that -- but I need some free time to think about this as not all ships follow this rule as such.

But what I've done is when a double/triple has say 2 * pulse, 1 * sandcaster, I've added a double/triple with the beam lasers, but in the traits removed the triple turret and replaced with a double (or not at all it is a single weapon/sandcaster).

Cheers,
    MBM
    I'm looking at it now, I guess functionally the easiest way to do it is put in turrets to equal the number of weapons... ie just drop in a single turret beam and single turret sand for a double turret that has one of each.
    Last edited by rcruk; April 2nd, 2021 at 22:51.

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    I'm looking at it now, I guess functionally the easiest way to do it is put in turrets to equal the number of weapons... ie just drop in a single turret beam and single turret sand for a double turret that has one of each.
    That is what I did

Xargun

Thread Information