Starfinder Playlist

blindsight vs darkness lighting

Hello,
    First of all: thanks for adding the darkness lighting by effects. It is very useful.

I made this example
    - sunny day
    - Test character 2 with blindsight casts fog cloud wich engulfs character 1
    - The Fog cloud centered on the NPC "Fog Cloud" was targeted by a "LIGHT: 20 darkness" effect.
    Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel2.PNG
    Question:
    - Shouldn't creatures with blindvision see in darkness? Or rather not be affected by darkness?
    - They see the same things as the creatures without normal visions.
    Knipsel3.PNG
    The darkness light added from the panel behaves in the same way.
    When you toggle the ambient 'sunlight' to off, you can see the blue vision surrounding the creatures with blindsight.

"A creature with blindsight can perceive its surroundings without relying on sight, within a specific radius. Creatures without eyes, such as oozes, and creatures with echolocation or heightened senses, such as bats and true dragons, have this sense."
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

I just pushed an update to CoreRPG that enables the ignoredark attribute for blindsight; but the caveat is that any vision with the ignoredark attribute causes all visions to ignore darkness.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for your answer.
    I presume darkvision also ignores darkness. So if I use a darkness light to simulate a Fog Cloud or the spell Darkness, a character with darkvision also sees trough? That is not so ideal.
    Is it an option you can toggle in options or hardcoded? Luckily not many characters have blindsight and DMs can peer through all the time. So I would leave that option off, if it conflicts with darkvision.
    My projects:

I did not test, but I do not think that darkvision ignores darkness You can check that: Give someone darkvision, and then you can see its settings in the image sidebar for token visions. There is a button for whether or not some vision ignores "darkness lights" (but do not change the settings there, the effects quickly overwrite the sidebar settings; if you want to use the richer sidebar settings, then currently only for tokens which are not in the CT)

Darkvision does not ignore "inverse"/"darkness" lights; because they are meant to be used for magical darkness (which darkvision does not see through).

Regards,
    JPG

If darkness light = magical darkness, then it is ok. Thank you.
    I didnt check when I replied.
    My projects:

Thread Information