DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 46 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    It should work with the srd

Hey, thanks
    Are there any items, features or spells not available in PHB? If they have the same name, all works identical. Only the link to SRD module isn't supported, but the effects will work as intended.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

I must be doing something wrong. For example the [weapons] of giant slaying that I see in the youtube videos, this does not work for me like it does in the videos. But other items, like the moon sickle, in other books do. I narrowed it down that items found in the SRD modules were not benefiting from your mod.
    Am i dumb? i feel like i am missing an obvious step somewhere.

Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Yozen View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. For example the [weapons] of giant slaying that I see in the youtube videos, this does not work for me like it does in the videos. But other items, like the moon sickle, in other books do. I narrowed it down that items found in the SRD modules were not benefiting from your mod.
    Am i dumb? i feel like i am missing an obvious step somewhere.

Thanks for any help
    I guess I know the reason:
    - PHB uses item templates, while SRD probably doesn't (edit: SRD does use templates and it works as intended, see next post)
    - My weapons and armor coding effects support the item template, because making them for all specific weapons would mean 20+ copies.

You could solve it by making a copy of the giant slaying power (drag and drop it in the spell list) and rename it to the exact name your item has. Then it will work.
    If a weapon also has a custom effect, you'll need to rename the custom effects label, which is the first part of the effect (before the first semi-colon)
    I'll start up FG to give you a more specific answer.
    Last edited by Aridhro; January 21st, 2022 at 13:50.
    My projects:

My first guess seams wrong.
    I think you forgot something else.
    Have you identified and attuned the item (if needed)?
    Looks like the srd items I used work as intended with the DMG mod.
    srd test.jpg
    My projects:

Ah, the missing link was loading your DMG mod. I didn't load it because I don't own that book in FG. Once i loaded your DMG mod, everything worked as expected.

I knew it was some tiny detail i was missing. Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Yozen View Post
    Ah, the missing link was loading your DMG mod. I didn't load it because I don't own that book in FG. Once i loaded your DMG mod, everything worked as expected.

I knew it was some tiny detail i was missing. Thank you for your help!
    Glad I could help
    My projects:

Hey Aridrho!

First off...LOVING this module, I use it all the time!

I'm wanting to modify some of the effects and was wondering if there are any "best practices". For example, a sun blade. You have the "LIGHT: 15 FBFDB3" effect in there, but I want to use the falloff capability of FGU and change it to "LIGHT: 15/30 FBFDB3". Should I just update the existing effect or create a new one? And it's got an associated power (spell) that needs to be updated too, right (for Equipped Effects).

I've seen some advocate for both changing the existing effect and some advocate for copying to a new one and changing the name (like appending a * to it), but it seems like copying the original effect to a new one doesn't require changing the name (it's like if EE has an order it looks at like "localfirst then module" or something.)

Just wondering if there is a "recommended" way to do it.

Thanks again!
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Hey Aridrho!

First off...LOVING this module, I use it all the time!

I'm wanting to modify some of the effects and was wondering if there are any "best practices". For example, a sun blade. You have the "LIGHT: 15 FBFDB3" effect in there, but I want to use the falloff capability of FGU and change it to "LIGHT: 15/30 FBFDB3". Should I just update the existing effect or create a new one? And it's got an associated power (spell) that needs to be updated too, right (for Equipped Effects).

I've seen some advocate for both changing the existing effect and some advocate for copying to a new one and changing the name (like appending a * to it), but it seems like copying the original effect to a new one doesn't require changing the name (it's like if EE has an order it looks at like "localfirst then module" or something.)

Just wondering if there is a "recommended" way to do it.

Thanks again!
    Jeff.
    EE does look for campaign local first.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    EE does look for campaign local first.
    Good to know...thanks!

Thread Information