Starfinder Playlist

Client doesn't Update Wound Status Colors

FGC; Client Only; 5E ruleset

For the last two weeks we have noticed a bug in the wound status color both on the PC token on the map and combat tracker. The bug is the a player doesn't see his wound color status update correctly. It seems to lag an update. All the other clients see the correct color just not the player that owns the character. This happens for all players so you always see other character status wound colors correctly except your own. The DM always sees the correct colors.

To recreate start a new FGC 5E campaign on the host, and in Combat (GM) options set:

View: Health - Ally -> Status
    View Would Categories -> Detailed

Next start a second instance and connect to the host. Create a character on the client, and on the host add the character to the combat tracker and a map. On the client open the combat tracker. Have the PC fireball itself (I drag rolled the damage onto itself on the combat tracker) and note the combat tracker status color on the client after the fireball (you want to do enough damage to change the status) it should still be green on the client and the correct color on the host. Next, on the client heal the PC by holding down Ctrl and drag the fireball damage out of chat and drop it on the combat tracker so the character has no wounds. The status will change to healthy but the status color will be of the color of the wound before it was healed.

I'm not seeing this. I just tried it on my 5e test campaign using the latest FGC version and rulesets. Are you running any extensions?

Regards,
    JPG

I tested with no extensions, though it's much more obvious when unwounded is a different color from lightly wounded.

It's subtle with the status text, and much easier to see on the token dots.

The Host is left and Client on the right of the images. In the first image after the PC does 2 points damage to itself, the PC goes to moderate damage and you can see the yellow text and yellow dot on the GM drawing, but the text color stays green on the client tracker and dot color on the token on the client map though the actual text is updated to moderate despite the color not changing.

The same thing happens again when the client PC damages itself again by re-dropping the 2 damage on itself again. On the Host the colors and text update correctly to heavy but on the client the status text and token dot show moderate wound colors instead of heavy wound colors like the host.

Edit I forgot to include set the View: Bar Colors -> Tiered
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Griogre; April 2nd, 2021 at 00:12.

I was able to recreate. This is going to take some thought; since the CT/PC information script trigger order varies depending on sheet updated and whether GM/Player edits number. This has always had some issues in one thing or another not displaying correctly (CT status, CT wound/status color, PC wound color).

I've been trying some different approaches in the last few versions of the ruleset (plus some FGC/FGU client changes to synchronize behavior between the two), including a streamline of the health calculations. I guess I need to think on it a little more how to handle the update ordering issues.

Thanks,
    JPG

Good luck! I will say the use case that found this was clerics casting mass heals on the party after fights where everyone was wounded and noticing their dots weren't updating and PC's drinking healing potions and themselves and also giving them to other PCs.

Maybe rolling hit dice as well?

Thread Information