DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Problems with clearing cache and console errors

Since updating this morning the program is not working properly. I wasn't able to view player tokens in the combat tracker, so I tried to clear the cache and got an error that said "path error in recursive delete". I uninstalled, reinstalled, double checked the folder permissions. \ I reentered my game and tried to reapply my sidebar and other settings and am just getting the console popping up with errors. I'd appreciate some help, thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vulpexa; March 28th, 2021 at 20:58.

Welcome to FG.

What ruleset? Are you using any extensions? Have you tested in a new campaign without extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hi Vulpexa

2E ruleset?
    GMs dont have a cache to clear - only players do.
    Can you create a new blank 2E campaign.
    Close FG.
    Open the FG Data folder.
    In the Live campaign find a recent DB backup from before the time of issues.
    Copy that file to the new 2E campaign.
    Rename the new 2E campaigns db.xml to db.xml.new and then rename the db backup to db.xml
    Fire up the new campaign and test?
    Does the issue persist?

2e, I am a player, not a GM. As far as I know there are no extensions - I'm brand new to fantasy grounds so I'm not sure how extensions work player side.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Vulpexa

2E ruleset?
    GMs dont have a cache to clear - only players do.
    Can you create a new blank 2E campaign.
    Close FG.
    Open the FG Data folder.
    In the Live campaign find a recent DB backup from before the time of issues.
    Copy that file to the new 2E campaign.
    Rename the new 2E campaigns db.xml to db.xml.new and then rename the db backup to db.xml
    Fire up the new campaign and test?
    Does the issue persist?
    I am a player, not a Gm. Should I still follow your instructions?

Blog Entries
    Hi Vulpexa

No. As a player there are only 3 things for you to try -
    make sure your FG is up to date
    clear the cache
    release your character(s) and then re-select them

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpexa View Post
    I reentered my game and tried to reapply my sidebar and other settings and am just getting the console popping up with errors. I'd appreciate some help, thank you!
    See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad-Gives-error

If you have the menu style set to not show the sidebar buttons, you'll get errors when you try to set the sidebar buttons.

The error you have when clearing the cache will be related to access rights or some file within the cache that can't be deleted.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information