DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Cannot share Fantasy Grounds campaign (Classic) with players

I am really not sure what is going on this morning?

I am trying to share my campaign with some friends, we have not had this issue since last year. But I am not able to share.

The connection test comes up as an "Failure". The puzzling thing is that nothing has changed from our last session (two weeks ago).

I have checked my port 1802, which is open.
    I have have checked the my internet connection which is good because we use Discord and Syrinscape...

Very confused, any help or ideas?

Your ISP may be trying to protect you.

ISPs have been known to change things without informing their users.

Have a look here, I know it says Comcast, Cox, Shaw, but even if you are not using those ISPs, your ISP may have implemented something similar.

Other things too check are that your networks is still set to private and it wouldn't be a bad idea to refresh your exception rule in your ant-virius.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Also in classic, make sure you local IP didn't change for some reason.

Yes.

I actually tried all of those things. Very frustrating to try navigating through it all and to get nowhere.

I am really just not sure what has happened? I have had no issues with my port forwarding for 10 months or so..?! We ended up just running a game through Discord and D&D Beyond, but not at all ideal.
    I am thinking it may be time to transfer my campaign over to Unity, but I am a little afraid that I will lose all my notes from the Classic version.

I really appreciate your help with this.

You can transfer your campaign over to Unity without losing anything.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In order to do this efficiently, I should unload all my extensions, correct?

Then create a new campaign in Unity. The latest save file from the classic version I save into the new Unity campaign folder, then open and check the content?

If everything is good, I can then just reload my extensions; though I should do so 1-by-1. Is this right?

Blog Entries
    Copy the whole folder over from \campaigns
    you can deselect the extensions or download fresh ones (the latest versions) into the fgu /extensions path

Well thanks "Damned"!

I transferred over my Curse of Strahd Campaign with absolute ease! Copied the campaign and transferred it to Unity and opened it up and "Viola!", there is was!

All the notes - intact,
    PCs and NPCs - intact
    Hot Keys - intact
    Combat Tracker - intact
    Dice Colour - intact
    Decal - Intact

... as a matter of fact I have the extension for "Last Window" and it opened up from where I left off today when tracking our game! So friggin' easy!

------

So I thought to do the same with my other campaign for Tomb of Annihilation, but I was not so successful..

No Characters,
    No notes,
    No loaded combat tracker
    No Background decal..

.. the only thing that DID transfer over were the Dice Colour and the Hot Keys...

So what happened with this upload? Any ideas?

It's sounds like you transfered a campaign that did not have the characters in it. Maybe a prep campaign?

Thread Information