5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Switching Between Tile & Selection Tool Changes Placed Image Size

Hello folks, I am experimenting with converting my Map Tiles into art assets that can be used to build maps in Fantasy Grounds Unity. But I have come across a bit of a bug. I'm not sure if this is meant to act like this, but its a bit of a problem.

When I place a Map Tile onto the map using the Tile Tool, it is placed down perfectly fine. It remains at 180px size, can be moved around, rotated, etc.

But if I switch from the Tile Tool to the Selection Tool, the placed image is re-sized as if the program just gave it a 4-6px clear border. This re-sizing seems to only happen on placed PNG images that have clear transparent areas.

Is this is a bug or a feature?
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Hi

Do you have some dummy file with which one could recreate that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi

Do you have some dummy file with which one could recreate that issue?
    Certainly, you can try out my Map Tiles Sample Pack which I just made. Or you can watch a YouTube video I recently made where the problem occurs (around time index 18:20). I think what is happening is the program thinks I am placing a token and squishes it into a map grid square and adds a border.

Curiously I have not had the resizing happen on images placed which have no transparent area (for example floor tiles). It only seems to happen with images that have transparent areas (such as wall tiles).
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; March 30th, 2021 at 00:32.

Thanks, I try to reproduce it, when I find time I hope someone else is quicker in reproducing that though

Thanks, I try to reproduce it, when I find time I hope someone else is quicker in reproducing that though
    Thankyou Kelrugem, look forwards to hearing what you find.

So, sorry for the delay

I sadly was not able to reproduce your issue; I used your mod from the post above and tried some tiles, but no gain. I may need more steps to recreate it. But I am also on the test server, so, maybe your issue gets fixed with the lighting update

So, sorry for the delay
    No problem at all.

I sadly was not able to reproduce your issue; I used your mod from the post above and tried some tiles, but no gain. I may need more steps to recreate it. But I am also on the test server, so, maybe your issue gets fixed with the lighting update
    I think it has something to do with the PNG images that have transparency. As FGU seems to act differently to those than to PNG images that have no transparency. As if its treating the placed graphic like a token and "fitting" it inside a grid square as a pog. I also found that other placed PNG images were getting deformed too as if FGU wanted to "pug-ify" the placed image?????

But if you are on a different version.... that is a spanner in the works to trouble shoot.

I took a tile with transparency (I think? ) Maybe test indeed helps but your report is currently the only one about that, so, I am wondering whether something subtle is happening, or whether I missed a step

I took a tile with transparency (I think? ) Maybe test indeed helps but your report is currently the only one about that, so, I am wondering whether something subtle is happening, or whether I missed a step
    Maybe it is my computer acting up. But the issue only happens when I place a graphic with transparency. PNG images with no transparent areas have no problem.

your report is currently the only one about that,
    I don't know if this is the same issue the OP is reporting but I have found, when converting tokens to tiles via the little box in Image Control, that some tokens are distorted to fit into the box and this distortion persists when the tile is placed on the map. FG 47 shows this with a token from Forgotten Adventures. I've added the original token to the map alongside the tile produced for comparison.

I've also noticed, on much rarer occasions, that some token images overlap the edges of the box. FG 48 shows this with a token from Ddraig Goch's Samhain pack. The image was rotated 45 degrees left to produce the overlap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alea iacta est

Thread Information