FG Spreadshirt Swag

Free Skill Ranks for custom classes?

I tried to enable free skill ranks for one of my characters with a custom made class. The box for the free skill ranks shows up but it always shows up empty and I can't interact with it. Is it possible to make free skill ranks available to characters with a custom class? If so, how would I go about doing that?
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Creating an extension that overrides that portion of code
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Do you know where that portion of the code is?
    I know how to unpack the ruleset and all that, but it's quiet a lot if you don't know what you're looking for. I'm not all that familiar with extension making...
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I would guess it's in the Campaign folder of the Starfinder ruleset and named something like "skills" either xml or supporting lua in the LUA folder under that. A textual search for skills or free or some combination in the campaign subfolder, might be helpful.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Do you know where that portion of the code is?
    I know how to unpack the ruleset and all that, but it's quiet a lot if you don't know what you're looking for. I'm not all that familiar with extension making...
    Look at scripts/manager_char.lua, lines 1355-1363...that's where it limits freeranks to only Operatives and Biohackers
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thank you both
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

A redesign of that whole section is being considered as it's very much locked and prefer a more open way of handling this for the players.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    A redesign of that whole section is being considered as it's very much locked and prefer a more open way of handling this for the players.
    I'd love that. I don't really see a reason to make Free Skill Ranks dependent on choosing a class that provide them as a class feature.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thread Information