5E Character Create Playlist

FGU 3.5e xml extension merge causing a nil subwindow which generates an error.

Hi,

I've been having an error case trip with an extension and I've reduced it down to the attached. ( Example campaign and extension in merge.zip )

You can unzip and add to FGU and get the error shown in spell.png...

When you unzip and add to FGC you dont get the error at all..

This issue shows up in 3.5e, pf1, pf2, sf.. due to the same sort of structures in use. ( Due to 'power' instead of 'spell' in 5e the issue does not happen, so I guess the slight different xml merge works ok... )

Set up is a 'hot keys' on '3 - character' and '4 - a spell', if you open the character and move to 'actions' tab, and then drag on a spell [ i drag the spell from the hot key direct onto the 'class' header bar, to add it, but you are able to drag any spell from the normal spell window.. ] and assign it any 'level' in the next popup and 'ok' it to the character..

Once the error has happened, you have to /reload and then you can drag further spells on to get the same error.. it only trips once per run and then seems ok from then.

I've cut this down to pure xml merge with no scripts to create this test case. I dont see anything specific wrong with the code I merge that could cause this issue.

While its a once per run error, its not nice to have it jump out on users of my extension...

So it would be nice to advise if I've made some error or if this is more 'merge/join' errors in the xml system for FGU. ( As I it works fine in FG classic.. )

Thanks, Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you tried to name your xml files the same as the ones in 3.5E / CoreRPG (whatever file you want to merge) and put them in the same directory?
    That's how I've done and seen things done so far.

FGU seems to try and search for a subwindow which you might have completely overwritten ... just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Have you tried to name your xml files the same as the ones in 3.5E / CoreRPG (whatever file you want to merge) and put them in the same directory?

FGU seems to try and search for a subwindow which you might have completely overwritten ... just a guess.
    Pretty sure file name doesn't matter. It's what the windowclass is named.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post

Fairly sure that if I'd broken the subwindow part it would also generate the same nil point error in FGC as it would be a much bigger break. I dont touch the subwindow part, and the code merges after 'linkcontrol name="shortcut"' and before 'button_toggledetail name="activatedetail"' so should not touch anything close to the 'subwindow name="header"' section that follows..

It all also shows correct in game after you click past the error console popup... So I'm not sure what on the 'first time' is causing this issue, while multiple after work fine and show all the elements as expected.

I assume its some kind of alloc race condition, maybe... its hard to know..

I'll have a go tomorrow with setting the filenames to exact match, and will edit after getting results.

-pete

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to Armory-Extensions for extension discussions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information