FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Turn Undead 2E

  1. #1

    Turn Undead 2E

    Is this how its cast?

    1 Roll table 47 DMG or 61 PHB.
    2 If successful roll 2d6.
    3 Target and apply effect. No save?

  2. #2
    If you have a PC capable of turning undead, you have a button on your Actions Tab that says "Turn".
    Just target the undead in the CT and press the button - the rest is done automatically
    42

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterZwerg View Post
    If you have a PC capable of turning undead, you have a button on your Actions Tab that says "Turn".
    Just target the undead in the CT and press the button - the rest is done automatically
    Thank you!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyder View Post
    Is this how its cast?

    1 Roll table 47 DMG or 61 PHB.
    2 If successful roll 2d6.
    3 Target and apply effect. No save?
    That is the general process, correct.

    You can use the automated method (as someone pointed out above) but, you should be aware that that system uses HitDice and not specific undead type. This has some edge cases where it's not by the book. IT's much easier to use if thats what you'd like to use but know that it's not 100% by the book in some creature types.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    That is the general process, correct.

    You can use the automated method (as someone pointed out above) but, you should be aware that that system uses HitDice and not specific undead type. This has some edge cases where it's not by the book. IT's much easier to use if thats what you'd like to use but know that it's not 100% by the book in some creature types.
    I will give both a try.

  6. #6
    Both will work just fine.
    There are some undead where its states in the text "undead A turns as an X". If undead A has the same HitDice as X, there is no problem as both have the same HitDice and everything will work just fine.
    But there are some (not many) that may not have the exact same HitDice as X and those are the edge cases celestian mentioned.
    42

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterZwerg View Post
    Both will work just fine.
    There are some undead where its states in the text "undead A turns as an X". If undead A has the same HitDice as X, there is no problem as both have the same HitDice and everything will work just fine.
    But there are some (not many) that may not have the exact same HitDice as X and those are the edge cases celestian mentioned.
    First level cleric used the turn button on the actions tab. Rolled a 14. I had 6 3 HD zombies targeted and it turned 4 of them. Skeleton or 1 HD, Zombie are turned on a 13-15 or should the 3 hd zombies only be turned on a 19 3-4 HD? Seems a bit overpowered for a first level cleric.

    Edit: Turned a 4 HD wight on a 15. Can't be right?
    Last edited by Vyder; March 29th, 2021 at 21:08.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyder View Post
    First level cleric used the turn button on the actions tab. Rolled a 14. I had 6 3 HD zombies targeted and it turned 4 of them. Skeleton or 1 HD, Zombie are turned on a 13-15 or should the 3 hd zombies only be turned on a 19 3-4 HD? Seems a bit overpowered for a first level cleric.

    Edit: Turned a 4 HD wight on a 15. Can't be right?
    Thats because you did not (I suspect) cycle through the npc and their backend data was not loaded yet so the default of 1 HD was set. When the NPC is selected for the first time (shown on right panel on dm CT) all backend data is loaded. All the other immediately needed data (like saves/effects/hp/ac/etc) are "front" loaded. The reason there are 2 load stages is to reduce the overall load times. When doing it all at once it would cause some latency (unacceptable at times) so this process was implemented.

    That said, I updated the code to include the "hitDice" field when dropping npc/encounters into then CT for the next update. This should keep this from happening in future, but for now, just know if you need that level of functionality ... select each npc if they have not already had an initiative turn.... or use the Table roll
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Thats because you did not (I suspect) cycle through the npc and their backend data was not loaded yet so the default of 1 HD was set. When the NPC is selected for the first time (shown on right panel on dm CT) all backend data is loaded. All the other immediately needed data (like saves/effects/hp/ac/etc) are "front" loaded. The reason there are 2 load stages is to reduce the overall load times. When doing it all at once it would cause some latency (unacceptable at times) so this process was implemented.

    That said, I updated the code to include the "hitDice" field when dropping npc/encounters into then CT for the next update. This should keep this from happening in future, but for now, just know if you need that level of functionality ... select each npc if they have not already had an initiative turn.... or use the Table roll
    Will give it a try.

    Edit: Did as you said and worked better but still turned a 2HD ghoul on a 15. Table it is!
    Last edited by Vyder; March 29th, 2021 at 22:59.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in