Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mech_romancer View Post
    Hi, how do i adjust the .coinweight.lua? i cant find it within my FG files and im assuming its within the compiled extension?

Cheers
    ext files are secretly zip files
    open with 7zip or something and then you will see the contents.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    ext files are secretly zip files
    open with 7zip or something and then you will see the contents.

Well that makes a lot of sense XD, now one last question! Whats the syntax etc for having different denominations weigh different amounts?

Quote Originally Posted by mech_romancer View Post
    Well that makes a lot of sense XD, now one last question! Whats the syntax etc for having different denominations weigh different amounts?
    If you follow the link in the readme that goes to coinweight.lua, you'll see this:
    Code:
    	if sRuleset == "3.5E" or sRuleset == "PFRPG" or sRuleset == "PFRPG2" then
    		-- aDenominations['mp'] = { ['nValue'] = 500, ['nWeight'] = .3 } -- Asgurgolas' Mithral Pieces (homebrew)
    		aDenominations['pp'] = { ['nValue'] = 10, ['nWeight'] = .02 }
    		aDenominations['gp'] = { ['nValue'] = 1, ['nWeight'] = .02 }
    		aDenominations['sp'] = { ['nValue'] = .1, ['nWeight'] = .02 }
    		aDenominations['cp'] = { ['nValue'] = .01, ['nWeight'] = .02 }
    		-- aDenominations['op'] = { ['nValue'] = 0, ['nWeight'] = .02 } -- Zygmunt Molotch (homebrew)
    		-- aDenominations['jp'] = { ['nValue'] = 0, ['nWeight'] = .02 } -- Zygmunt Molotch (homebrew)
    	elseif sRuleset == "5E" then
    		aDenominations['pp'] = { ['nValue'] = 10, ['nWeight'] = .02 }
    		aDenominations['ep'] = { ['nValue'] = .5, ['nWeight'] = .02 }
    	elseif sRuleset == "4E" then
    		aDenominations['ad'] = { ['nValue'] = 10000, ['nWeight'] = .002 }
    		aDenominations['pp'] = { ['nValue'] = 100, ['nWeight'] = .02 }
    	end
    Just add a new line in the section for your ruleset or add a new "elseif" line with your ruleset name and then define your coin under it.

Not to sure if this had been posted. But i am currently using v1.5 and when I import a character, it give this error.
    Code:
    [7/5/2021 2:57:56 AM] EXTENSION: Coin Weight v1.5:\rCalculates coin weight by leveraging the existing inventory weight process.
    [7/5/2021 2:57:56 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.1142007
    [7/5/2021 2:58:03 AM] [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "scripts/coinweight.lua"]:48: createChild: Invalid argument 1
    [7/5/2021 2:58:03 AM] [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "scripts/coinweight.lua"]:48: createChild: Invalid argument 1

Quote Originally Posted by funfair91 View Post
    Not to sure if this had been posted. But i am currently using v1.5 and when I import a character, it give this error.
    Code:
    [7/5/2021 2:57:56 AM] EXTENSION: Coin Weight v1.5:\rCalculates coin weight by leveraging the existing inventory weight process.
    [7/5/2021 2:57:56 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.1142007
    try this build:
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-CoreRPG-C...eases/tag/v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thanks for the quick fix! Solved

I have added an ext file to the first post of this thread.
    You can add this to your extensions directory and customize the included script to add your own custom denominations. These denominations will be preserved across updates to the Coin Weight extension.
    If you need help with this, just ask.

Hey bmos, thanks for providing the ext to let us add our own denominations! I had some trouble getting it to work though, but I think I found the issue and it looks like it's just a small typo. In the extension's xml, the file designation for the script is currently set to "scripts/customcoinweightdenominations.lua.lua". Once I got rid of that extra ".lua" the extension started working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFog17 View Post
    Hey bmos, thanks for providing the ext to let us add our own denominations! I had some trouble getting it to work though, but I think I found the issue and it looks like it's just a small typo. In the extension's xml, the file designation for the script is currently set to "scripts/customcoinweightdenominations.lua.lua". Once I got rid of that extra ".lua" the extension started working properly.
    Thank you!! I'll fix that after my game tonight.

EDIT: it should be fixed
    Last edited by bmos; July 22nd, 2021 at 00:17.

Hi, I realize this thread is a bit old. See that you have allowed a way to customize for denominations. We are using 5E, and using Iron, Brass, Bronze (x2 weight), Silver, Gold, and Electrum. How do we go about adding weight for the Iron, Brass, and Bronze coins? Does it require a bit of coding?

Thread Information