5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    If developers are aware of issues then no need to report anything I guess?! I do wonder then who of the three people does all the QA and why there even is a laboratory forum then? Easy to be judgemental, aye?
    A place to discuss and report...

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    If developers are aware of issues then no need to report anything I guess?! I do wonder then who of the three people does all the QA and why there even is a laboratory forum then? Easy to be judgemental, aye?

There is a *big* difference between reporting/discussing issues, and large amounts of repetitive SPAM across multiple threads, with statements bordering on outrageous claims about how FG operates and how the developers work. It seems like the less people respond, the more desire there is from certain members of these forums to just keep posting and posting the same stuff again and again, and then escalate the discussion with baseless claims. Yes, I know this is the Internet, but the vast majority of us don't want the FG forums to devolve into a click-bait fest of "look at my posts, this is the top issue that everyone should be aware of and should be fixed right now!" ... (time passes) ... "What? Hasn't this been fixed? Hasn't my pontification been recognized as sage advice and everything dropped and acted upon immediately?" ... (posts same generalization data again) ... (and again) ... (and again) ...

The rule here is Quality not Quantity! Some of the data can be useful, and some posts have merit. But they soon get overwhelmed by the repetitive "read my posts and respond the exact way I want you to or I'll keep posting" behavior. One or two posts are fine, then *PLEASE* leave it at that and don't cross post, and don't escalate the discussion with unfounded claims.

We aren't saying that you shouldn't report and discuss issues and topics at hand. What we're trying to get across is that there's an efficient and polite/friendly way to this, and as part of that please don't make inaccurate assumptions (accusations) on FG coding/business practices that you really have little/no knowledge about. These forums pride themselves as a place of friendly refuge from the general Internet at large and the moderators usually don't need to do much to keep this environment intact; except in rare cases.

As I close yet another one of Weissrolf's thread (sigh, will it never end?) I draw everyone's attention to the following post earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Restating the same argument over and over in different threads just forces me to take away time from working on code to clarify things that are muddied by these kinds of posts.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So, I've had a complaint from the OP that I closed this thread that they were specifically asked to create by Moon Wizard. Yes, Weissrolf, you were asked to open this thread - but that person who asked you to create it has posted in this very thread that you're stating "the same argument over and over" and you're also posting misinformation and making accusations. Your complaint shows, in my opinion, that you've lost touch with what Moon Wizard requested, you don't understand how to present issues in a helpful and efficient manner on these forums, and you struggle to take onboard feedback given to you. Things aren't static - they change, and you need to listen to feedback given to you. Maybe you're inability to listen is why you keep posting the same things again and again?

If Moon Wizard has an issue with me closing this thread, then he can easily re-open it. Otherwise, it has more than ran its course and is (as usual with a lot of your threads) beginning to devolve - which is why I closed it. Keep on point. Don't post again and again about the same issue. Don't make wild assumptions. Provide the information requested - ONCE! And your threads won't get closed. I very much doubt you'll read this with an open mind and take it onboard. However, I'm an optimist; I'm hoping that the stars align and a miracle happens...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information