STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Three-Round Burst

I've created a ROF 1 weapon with 3RB mode... The weapon uses a round of ammo and doesn't apply the Shooting and Damage bonus. Then, I've created a sub-attack setting a Shooting +1 modifier and increasing the damage in +1. But I can't get this sub-attack using 3 rounds of ammo...

How can I get a weapon firing in 3RB mode as per Savage Worlds rules?

Thanks in advance.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Hi, just enter the code [>#3RB] in the sub attack of the weapon. Then everything works as supposed. It automatically adds +1 to shooting and damage, and also three bullets are substracted.
    Last edited by TomtheBu; March 23rd, 2021 at 22:01. Reason: Typo

Muchas gracias. Thanks so much.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Is there a way to set a double cannon shotgun shot spending 2 rounds of ammo and adding +4 Shooting and +4 Damage?
    Nébula Rol

You used to be able to accomplish this by setting # attacks and RoF. Setting RoF no longer seems to have any effect. Which breaks ammo counting in my fantasy game where archers can shoot two arrows with one attack (using Rapid Shot) and use two arrows. Now setting # attacks consumes 5 ammo x # attack no matter what RoF is set to.

I think someone mentioned in Discord that there's an option to turn off ammo being auto consumed in Options. If you do that then it goes back to the old way where you had to manually remove ammo yourself.

I've seen this complaint a couple of times recently so maybe Ikael can tweak auto consumption somehow?
    Last edited by IceBear; March 23rd, 2021 at 08:19.

When you have Attacks #2 with a ranged weapon and you leave the Rate of Fire Field blank, Ammo is automatically set to 2 and there will be also no recoil penalty with the attack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Double-Barrel Shotgun with +4 shooting and +4 damage would look like this, although the rules say, that there will be a +2 bonus to hit and a +4 bonus to damage for this weapon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    When you have Attacks #2 with a ranged weapon and you leave the Rate of Fire Field blank, Ammo is automatically set to 2 and there will be also no recoil penalty with the attack.
    NICE!!! I did not know this

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    I posted above that this is how it used to work but no longer does. That was based on a sub attack not calculating ammo correctly. I rechecked it based on TomtheBu's post and realized it's sometimes miscounting.
    Ammo Use.png

If the main attack has RoF set to 1, it will calculate the sub attack ammo as 5 x #attacks even if RoF is blank. If I set the parent attack RoF to blank, and the sub attack RoF to blank, then the sub attack will use 2 ammo. So the sub attack ammo count is being influenced by the main attack it's under.

On main attacks, TomtheBu is correct.

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, or if setting RoF blank is a work-around that wasn't an intentional design.

Thread Information