FG Spreadshirt Swag

Why is the ammo counter restricted to specific Sub Types?

I noticed in MGT2 only weapons with specific words or phrases in their Sub Type get the ammo counter. That is, if you create a weapon and set the Ammo value above 0, it still won't appear on the weapon section of a PC unless the Sub Type of that weapon also contains a key word or phrase.

From my testing, those key words/phrases are: "Slug", "Heavy Weapons", and "Energy". Capitalization matters, so if you label your weapon's Sub Type as "heavy weapons" it won't get the ammo counter.

If there any good reason for this? It seems really restrictive and unnecessary. Couldn't it just hide the Ammo counter when the weapon's ammo value is set to 0? Then you would still have an ammo counter if you typo the Sub Type or fail to use capitalization, and it would also allow free reorganization of weapons (you could change the Sub Type of Energy Weapons to Blasters, for example, and the weapon could still have an ammo counter).
    Last edited by Stripe_dog; March 19th, 2021 at 11:01. Reason: Removed some redundant phrasing.

chrisbadger we have added this to our internal feature request. MBM will look into changing ammo checks to check for lowercase as well.

It would be good if this flexibility extended to ship/vehicle weapons as well... sandscasters, missiles etc?

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    It would be good if this flexibility extended to ship/vehicle weapons as well... sandscasters, missiles etc?
    It should already be for a lot of things as I slowly migrate over to better behind the scenes management of 'items' and 'things'.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information