FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is there any tool for importing Npc stats into Traveller FG ?

is there any tools to parse a npc for instance from

https://travellertoolsdemo.azurewebsites.net/character
    into the ruleset ?

Hmm, that would be pretty cool. There would need to be a way to save that in an xml format(maybe a scraper) then an extension developed to feed the xml file to NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramid View Post
    is there any tools to parse a npc for instance from

https://travellertoolsdemo.azurewebsites.net/character
    into the ruleset ?
    Hi Ramid,

I've thought about a 'scraper' that allows you to drag an NPC in (like we have for PFRPG/DnD) but sadly Traveller formats vary so much it's just not worth my time trying.

It's easier to speak to the people who build these sites and ask them to write an export, it would be easier for me then to import that export, or better still, they build the module.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

The NPC scraper extension for Savage Worlds uses the Windows clipboard via the NPC being 1st copied to it and then a command being entered in the chat window. I haven't used it in a long enough time, to know if it works for FGU via the MAC or Linux clipboards. There's an issue that the extension can potentially corrupt a campaign (personally happened to me) if its loaded with a campaign when there isn't any intent to create a NPC; i.e. no NPC stat block on the clipboard. So the GM needs to be diligent with only loading the extension with the campaign when they intend to create some NPCs. As well, the source needs to be in a exact, standard format that I found wasn't always the case with my 3rd party PDFs. TBH, I now just copy & paste from PDFs when creating NPCs for SW and D&D, as I find with few exceptions that I can create one that way in a minute or less.

So I guess I'm agreeing that a NPC scarper, probably isn't the best expenditure of dev time.
    Last edited by kronovan; March 11th, 2021 at 23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    The NPC scraper extension for Savage Worlds uses the Windows clipboard via the NPC being 1st copied to it and then a command being entered in the chat window. I haven't used it in a long enough time, to know if it works for FGU via the MAC or Linux clipboards. There's an issue that the extension can potentially corrupt a campaign (personally happened to me) if its loaded with a campaign when there isn't any intent to create a NPC; i.e. no NPC stat block on the clipboard. So the GM needs to be diligent with only loading the extension with the campaign when they intend to create some NPCs. As well, the source needs to be in a exact, standard format that I found wasn't always the case with my 3rd party PDFs. TBH, I now just copy & paste from PDFs when creating NPCs for SW and D&D, as I find with few exceptions that I can create one that way in a minute or less.

So I guess I'm agreeing that a NPC scarper, probably isn't the best expenditure of dev time.
    Hi Kronovan,

The main issue I have with doing this work myself is that the formats from even the official material can be difficult to 'parse' correctly, but doable as we know that the official material follows the same format (almost).

Next, we come to 3rd party website, that format could be very different, and we could find that only a few people use it, but other people want to use another and so on

It's a time-consuming task and I'm happy for someone else to start, I can 'help'.

Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

No no i don't mean for mbm to get involved He is busy making sure to feed out habit for more Traveller material

i was just asking if any such tools exist and im going to look into this npc scraper for savage worlds sounds interesting
    thank you

Thread Information